Meteor 044 10mm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just put one in my 10mm 044 but have yet to put it to work. Just a couple warm up cycles is all. You have my interest, what did you find? Surely Mastermind has been installing them in 044s , maybe he will chime in.

Distance between the pin bosses on the 10mm Meteor pistons is WAY too great.
They used the specs from a 12mm piston.
The small end of a 10mm rod measures 13mm. The small end of a 12mm rod measures 15mm.

Clearance SHOULD be 13.36-13.38mm.
Instead, it measures 15.66mm.
Which would work in 12mm saw, but too sloppy in a 10mm saw.

I just put one in my 10mm 044 but have yet to put it to work. Just a couple warm up cycles is all. You have my interest, what did you find? Surely Mastermind has been installing them in 044s , maybe he will chime in.
He hasn't built a 10mm with a Meteor.
I've been talking with him

What are the consequences of this? The cylinder is going to hold the piston in place and the crank will hold the rod won't they? Is it a problem with the needle bearing sliding out to one side or something? I could see that causing a problem.

Well, generally speaking on new parts I run 30 days in new condition and that's it.

But, this is a special case here in regards to a defect and I can't willingly push a product down someone's throat if there is a potential issue with it.

If someone who purchased one of these off of me wants to return the part as a result of these findings I will not, in good faith, deny them a refund.

At the same time I would appreciate some time to get an answer back from Meteor in regards to this.

Latest posts

Back