Michigan Tornado pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowersTree

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Had a small twister up here this weekend. Few pics of the cleanup efforts.

P1011321.jpg

P1011320.jpg

P1011318.jpg

P1011316.jpg

P1011315.jpg

P1011314.jpg

P1011313.jpg

wow, those are some beautiful pics of something not very pleasant. looks like it should keep you and your crew occupied for a while.

Wind damage

We also had a few small trees fall over in our yard,unfortunately they were live trees not the dead ones. Luckily,nowhere near the damage that was done just a few miles away from us though.
It did make the job easier to remove these small trees using the MS 361 instead of a handsaw that I had to use previous to this month.:chainsawguy:

Good luck in clearing the tornado damage.

how was holly and clarkston?

i'll be there friday.just curious if i need to bring equipment for my parents place.

Too wild, nice pics.

Notice one thing in all those pics?

Where's the tap root? :hmm3grin2orange:

Good pics!

We did OK here, nothing major, but the folks south of us in Eaton Rapids/Potterville took a solid hit. I was hoping to be able to score some free firewood out of the deal, but so little happened around here that all I got was a trailer load of Redbud.

After seeing all that pic's from the bad weather, tornadoes, here and on TV, I am glad for living in Norway. Never weather and Tornadoes like this here. OK, on the coast it can be very strong and bad weather, really bad. But never Tornadoes.
I feel sorry for all them who lost their home or get big damages on their home and their proparty.

After seeing all that pic's from the bad weather, tornadoes, here and on TV, I am glad for living in Norway. Never weather and Tornadoes like this here. OK, on the coast it can be very strong and bad weather, really bad. But never Tornadoes.
I feel sorry for all them who lost their home or get big damages on their home and their proparty.

This is kinda a rare event around here. It has been at least a handful of years since we had any meaningful damage from tornadoes. Odd. Michigan is usually more or less free of natural disasters of any sort - wind, water, snow, ice, or heat.

It has been a strange summer, weather-wise. We went months without hardly any rain at all; we even had a forest fire in the UP this year and fire/smoking bans in and around state forest land. And then all of a sudden it is like mother nature is playing catch-up. First we had a week straight of rain, and now we're having lots of small, intense, fast-moving storms for the past week or so. Sometimes two or three in an afternoon/evening. Last night one came while I was getting my haircut. It started halfway through my haircut and was done by the time I was through and the sun was coming back out, but when I went outside there was standing water everywhere and streets were partially flooded up to the curb (4-6" of standing water) owing to many leaves having been blown off the trees and drifting down to cover the storm drain grates. Go figure...

Most of the damage is cleaned up now. They flocked in from everywhere. Now the jobs left are the ones getting screwed by their insurance companies.

Latest posts

Back