Midwest GTG March 12th 2011

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did I miss this thread?

How did I miss this thread?

I'll try to make it. I know Christopher wants to bring the forced induction pouland.

Do I still have time to ship Wendall my chains? May have a chance to win a race that way.........

So far plans are still written in sand. But, at least it still looks promising.
GPT, how many trees you looking at tipping over? Do I need to pick up any extra wedges?

I don't know how many GOL'ers will be there, but I'm thinking some sort of felling accuracy test......

Still hoping to see you all there....

Additional Visitor ?

I can't guarantee it, but I am hoping to bring out a guy to demo the Oregon PowerSharp, self-sharpening chain system.

There have been a couple of threads on it here on A.S., and this would give guys a chance to try it out.

BTW - I am also planning on bringing some 'breakfast pastries' to the GTG. These are easy for me to transport and seemed to be popular the last time I brought them. I plan on arriving between 8 and 9AM.

Look forward to seeing you all.

Philbert

I could also post Coordinates and a map for those with a GPS or good map skills.
Not to hard to find.

Could you please do this for us? I will most likely be driving straight to the woods from here that morning to try and make the "GOL" demonstration(haha). I will be taking 8 over, then north on 87.

Thanks

Right now the forecast shows 27 degrees for the 12th so we might not have to wear hip waders. Not sure if I will make it out for the GOL, right now all I can think about is the safety meeting Friday night and Breakfast at T-Dawgs.:msp_thumbup:

Boy now I really wish I could go . I forgot about the Friday night Safety Meeting, there is always could safty topics to discuss.:hmm3grin2orange:

Beefie

well I just may need to find some gas and sharpen a chain. Don't know if I've ran a saw since last years GTG.

what's this meeting Fri night at T-Dawgs? I just may need to venture out.

What should I bring? Cheap booze, suppressed weapons, women with low self esteem and a few saws? Anything else?

For kicks JD and Heavy, look on youtube and type up "marty nelson" I had a friend make up a short video clip of my other hobby, and old pulling tractor that I haven't ran for a few years now and have been working on this winter.

Back