Midwest Old Threashers Reunion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warjohn

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I went to the Midwest Old Threasures Reunion in Mt. Pleasant Iowa on Saturday. It was amazing. They Had a steam engine powered saw mill and veneer mill running. In the museum located on the grounds they had a steam powered workshop as well as printing shop up and running They were printing everything from notepads to flyer's and newspapers. The lineup of antique tractors and hit and miss engines was the largest I have ever seen. The only thing they were missing was a chainsaw display unless it was there and I didn't see it. I am sure they would welcome a chainsaw display if someone wanted to set on up. Even without them it was well worth the trip. I highly recommend it.

I went to the Hesston Steam Museum this weekend. Awesome show. I got my first ride on a steam tractor. It was quite a thrill.

I used to go to threashing bee's with my grandpa so this show brought back a lot of memories. He was very good at running steam engines so I got to ride on a lot of them Shoveled a lot of coal also.

There was a small chainsaw display at Mt Pleasant. I was there all weekend but I do not take saws because they will not allow me to run them. I have lots of pictures from this and previous years.

Bill

There was a small chainsaw display at Mt Pleasant. I was there all weekend but I do not take saws because they will not allow me to run them. I have lots of pictures from this and previous years.

Bill

I figured some chainsaws had to be there somewhere and I just missed them I was a little short on time. I was there for business more than pleasure.

I have over 300 pics and videos from this year. I will post some in a day or two

I heard they have a pretty neat sawmill there Bill, did you get some pictures of it?

Latest posts

Back