might sell my 066

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tickhound93

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Im not posting this in the trading post because this saw isnt for sale yet, if i can help it it wont be for sale, but its that time of year again, work has been super slow, ive only worked 2 weeks out of the last 2 months, and tax time is drawing near and my tax man says im going to get ranally aped, and have to pay in a very substantial amount of cash. Im looking for opinion of value of this saw, should the need arise to sell it.
This saw is not 100% oem as many of you will be able to tell. it is oem exept for:
the complete clutch assembly, clutch, drum, sprocket, bearing and oiler gear
the brake handle
the handle bar
the air filter, filter base, and mounting flange
the covers are not oem
the muffler is a raisman
the clutch cover and one spike is aftermarket.
chain tensioner
crank seals are aftermarket
all aftermarket parts are farmertec, aside from the muffler, which is a raisman.
Saw runs very good, blows 150 psi. the piston picture is very minor scoring, and i hate to say that because only one spot could have caught a fingernail, it appears to be a stain from low quality oil.
I got this saw crushed, bought the parts to fix it up, installed new oem fuel and impulse lines, did the crank seals, cleaned the carb, pulled the cylinder to check out what i thought was scoring, reassembled, and tuned.
It will really really suck to see this saw go should the need arise, i never planned on selling this saw, i actually use it. but the need may arise and i want an opinion of fair price.
Thanks for taking a look at my unpleasant situation.

Attachments

• 0661.jpg
    0661.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 0662.jpg
    0662.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 0663.jpg
    0663.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 98
  • 0664.jpg
    0664.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 0665.jpg
    0665.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 0666.jpg
    0666.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 92
sorry to hear that but i know what your going through

i buy and rebuild saws to pay for other saws while im off work i have only a few im attached to

No I'm actually attached to this saw. I sell used saws all the time, but this one actually has a place in my stable. I bought this saw and saved pennies to make it go. My 3 favorite saws are my 028, my 046, and my 066. But if it has to go it has to go

you do know you can make payments to both state and fed tax people

i dont either but i wouldnt want to have to sell a saw i was attached to either

i have sold 3 and a possible 4th since nov but i have moved up from doing 036 360 361s to doing 044 046 and 066 now

I sold a minty 395xp, a couple of 288xp projects, a 254xp project, and a like new ported 2188... :(

And I'm tryin to sell a ported 562 right now.

Can't count how many saws I sold since November. I sell saws all the time, but this saws value has me.stumped due to aftermarket parts. I'm definitely looking at other options. I planned to keep this thing around, wanted to have 026 036 046 and 066. As my work saws.

Can't count how many saws I sold since November. I sell saws all the time, but this saws value has me.stumped due to aftermarket parts. I'm definitely looking at other options. I planned to keep this thing around, wanted to have 026 036 046 and 066. As my work saws.
That's a good looking saw, but I think the AM parts will kill the value if you're selling on AS. I think you're looking at $4-500 on here, and probably more if you sell it locally.

>and i want an opinion of fair price.

yes, always sad to hear about a f0rced sale of something you have your heart, soul and time into... especially to pay the taxman! :nofunny: however, in current condition, your 066 is worth about $650 - 750! more in a bull market, maybe even less in a bear market. in any event, maybe worth more to you. imo, what will hurt your sale is needing to do it in a hurry. and the scored/scuffed piston. might be worth putting in a fresh piston and set of rings. you can do it for under $40.00 off ebay, free shipping. Meteor w/Caber rings. add in a base gasket, new filter and spark plug... then seat the rings. $ 60-65. then your saw could be worth upwards of $900 or so on a good day, in a good market... and given someone just had to have it (yours). good comparables can be had on C. L. no shortage of bigger saws available out of Seattle, Portland, Denver... etc. logging areas. one in our area has been on the list for over a month, a MS 661, used 2 times! reportedly... asking - $900.00. status: Unsold! $750/800, or less and 50 for shipping can usually pull in a good power head from just about any city... if I had to advise someone in your shoes, not knowing how much tax liability you do in fact owe... or why?... I would say this: get your taxes prepared, and filed. stop the clock on your IRS Form 1040; YE 12/31/2015! send in with it as much as you can muster up. beg, borrow or Stihl... (hopefully not latter as in sell) don't worry, they will bill you! expect a letter within 30-45 days. then use your saw to hustle up some work, and make sure your #1 priority it to get that 2015 tax debt behind you. do what ever it takes, legally. you wont sleep well until u do! let's hope you don't owe any 941 employee taxes/returns... state and fed levels. you have about a 6 month window to maneuver in for last year and year 2016 first quarter renditions... and be semi in control. doubt a fire sale or garage sale 066 will make much of a dent in your situation. $600-700 usually is not a big tax bill, even if tough to pay due to short-term cash flow, etc. Good Luck... and Best Wishes! :)

Am parts will kill value here on as but I expected that. Locally it won't matter. Anyone sell wood here? Not firewood but I think this saw could make some money to save its life selling some special kind of wood called burls. This saw was going to make me money.

i say dont sell until last resort and go make some money with it selling wood or what ever you can do

Latest posts

Back