Milled up some posts (pic heavy)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have found the minni mill to be very usefull in a lot of ways,its good for getting the sides off a large log for afew reasons,makes the log not as wide so you can use a smaller alaskan mill,you get the bark off so not to dull the alaskan mill chain with bark and grit,can make cutts down the middle of the log as i did them when you use the alaskan the rails are done and easyer to handle,use it to make the first cut instead of using a ladder,make bench seats and what ever you can think of.
I only ended up with 5 posts,the bottom part of the log was a bit rotten with white ants in it,but there is the other part of the log to go will get afew out of that.

158865d1290380723-picture-900-jpg

Nicely done, my mrs is gunna want one of those seats to.:msp_thumbsup:

Fantastic pics and story.

Not bad looking JR Terrorists either...

Keep the pics posting.

Kevin

do you need to have a huge saw or can I use my MS361 to do this milling. Also is there a special bar and chain you need for this. Your slabs look great.

nice looking posts.

i have only ever milled slabs. i went into the bush today thinking i was going to go and get some yellow cedar posts out of a tree i had already taken 3 sections of slabs out of. i took my top plate off and started in with a beam machine and quit before i ruined too much wood. that thing was cutting a half inch wide kerf and the ugliest cut you ever saw. i ended up just canting them into 6 inch cants and i'll get some helping hauling them out to run down my friends band mill.

long story short: i must acquire a mini mill

I have been back down the bush again to to finish milling up the post from the rest of that Stringbark.
Used the 36'' alaskan and ladder for the first cut and then Minni Mill for the sides and a cut down the center,Minni Mill had 25'' bar on MS460 all chains are Carlton 3/8 .063 semi chisel ripping with a 10 deg top plate angle.

Got the sun just in the right spot with this pic
181507d1303781692-picture-937-jpg

181564d1303807751-picture-954-jpg

181563d1303807751-picture-971-jpg

181562d1303807751-picture-988-jpg

Job done
181561d1303807751-picture-1010-jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back