Milling Shed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TroutBrookFarms

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm trying to design a simple and practical shed/pole barn for a portable mill. I would love to see pictures of any milling sheds out there for some ideas.

Here's a picture of the mill I'm using.

Wish I HAD a shed to show ya, or rather wish I had ROOM to build a shed. I know pole barns go up quick, and you get a lot of bang for your buck space/materials wise.

Here's my "shed". It's built useing the "pole barn" method, and it's where i do most of my woodworking, welding ect... It also houses my tractor and other tools.

Actually, the picture is outdated, as i've added onto the back side and also added a second story room over part of the addition with a deck wrapped around three sides of it. It seems to always be a "work in progress", that i work on in my spare time.

Rob

picture.JPG

Nice shed, Sawyer Rob! Let's have an updated pic. Where's the boat?
My shed (a bit more rustic) might give Trout a more simplified view of a shed.
It started out as a lean-to. Mostly to keep the wood off the ground. But someday I will transform that mass of wood into a cabin. My stickered piles lay under canvas tarps.
As far as room, got plenty of that, my problem is time.

Adrpk,

Here's a pict. of the second story room over one end of my work shop. I still have a bit to do on it, but i don't want to go too fast, as i'll work myself out of a job! :laugh:

I do have a boat in the pond, and also a canoe...

Rob

picture.JPG

Back