Milling thoughts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marklambert61

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Your know but reading this site and milling with my CSM I became hooked on milling.

At that point I must have lost my mind I bought a wood-mizer (Love it) and a Skid Steer. Now I simlpy have turned my hobby I loved in to a hard ass job. I don't post here much anymore to damn tired after working. I don't take and post those pretty pictures anymore too many damn logs in the pile to mill to stop for that.

Its hard work this little business.

I still love to see that finished lumber and projects I and my customers make from it. But just consider careful when spending that cash what was a fun hobby can turn to a lot of work to pay the overhead.

Mark

:givebeer:

I know what you mean, kind of like, be careful what you wish for cause it may come true. At least you're not sitting at a desk all day or even worse, unemployed. It is not easy being self employed........sometimes I wonder why I am too.
I believe the good out weighs the bad, most of the time.:confused: :confused: :confused:

I know what you mean, kind of like, be careful what you wish for cause it may come true.

As you say the truth is ain't that bad.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I have to chime in on this one..... I started with a chainsaw mill. Lots of work. But enjoyed it. Now own a Norwood 2000 bandsaw mill. Lots faster. But more expensive.

As for the office stuff....left it. Now self employed. Used to be gainfully employed too. Now enjoy the great outdoors and chainsaw smoke, and bandsaw dust.

I won't be going back to the office.

Kevin

BobL, great pics. What kind of wood is that???? Marri???

Kevin

Lemon scented gum, (also called spotted gum) it has a floral slightly citrusy smell to it when being cut, if there are bees around they settle on the freshly cut wood. The sawdust is also slightly sticky. Very Hard too, even when green it's almost as hard as dry pencan.

Latest posts

Back