What's the justification for not using 50:1 for milling?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I went out and got one of these: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/vp-racing-fuels-full-synthetic-2-cycle-oil-16-oz-2907

Wondering if anyone's used this in their saw? I saw references to this one in various threads here. I'll try it out and see how it goes (at 33:1). From what I can gather, Amsoil Sabre is sort of the gold standard in 2-stroke oils. I'll order some of that and try that too.
I’d run Amsoil Dominator before either of those, personally. But whatever

So I went out and got one of these: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/vp-racing-fuels-full-synthetic-2-cycle-oil-16-oz-2907

Wondering if anyone's used this in their saw? I saw references to this one in various threads here. I'll try it out and see how it goes (at 33:1). From what I can gather, Amsoil Sabre is sort of the gold standard in 2-stroke oils. I'll order some of that and try that too.
That VP product carries a good rating and the guys that use it like it.
Saber is not the gold standard either. aMsoil Dominator is the better product according to trustworthy members. Inwont use either, personally.

That VP product carries a good rating and the guys that use it like it.
Saber is not the gold standard either. aMsoil Dominator is the better product according to trustworthy members. Inwont use either, personally.
Thanks - my local tractor supply carries VP so it's easy for me to get. What do you use?

Funny thing - I used to be a total newb (I'm still a newb compared to many people on here..) and I started using Stihl because, it's f**king Stihl - you'd think they made (or had made for them) the best oils out there!

Thanks - my local tractor supply carries VP so it's easy for me to get. What do you use?

Funny thing - I used to be a total newb (I'm still a newb compared to many people on here..) and I started using Stihl because, it's f**king Stihl - you'd think they made (or had made for them) the best oils out there!
I use Echo Red Armor lately.

One of the nice things about klotz, is you can call and talk to them. I have several times for oil reccomendations. As much as I like their oils, even they say not to run anything with castor in saws. Not High enough load, rpm or temp vs high performance 2 stroke engines. Carbon build up is inevitable and it supposedly attracts moisture.

After reading eleventy-bajillion oil threads here, I finally settled on getting some Motul 800 synthetic to use when my Mobil 1 2T Racing oil runs out...FWIW...

Motul 800 smokes too much @32:1....an muffler gets filled with oil residue...

Better option would be 710 2T or Scooter power (I think that those two are the same oils....regarding PDS)

Back