Mini GTG in NW Oregon

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tomorrow is almost here! Weather is supposed to be high 70's and sunny.

Burger patties are prepped, chicken is in the marinade. I will have pants on by 11am. Anyone who gets here before that will see what they see. ;)

PM me for directions, and see folks tomorrow!

Well, it was a degree or two above the high 70's, and someone hit a power-pole around 12:30. Realized that I had neglected to refill my gasoline supply for the summer around 1:30...right after the generator ran out of gas...which was right while we were prepping to eat...and just as the sheep-shearer showed up.

Yes. I attempted to shear a sheep. Gotta keep GTG's interesting. :D

Anyhoo, Mrs. Heffalump bombed down the hill to refill a couple of fuel cans and everything worked out OK. Some of the chicken was a little dry, and I need a LOT of practice shearing sheep, but there was plenty of good food and good folks and good saws!

Many thanks to Bob and T and Shannon and Nate and Don and Sharon and Larry and Maria and, most of all, to Mrs Heffalump. She's pretty darn amazing!!!

@Farley9n , @sawfun , @madhatte

That 044 is a terror! I swear I thought it had an air leak at first; there's no way an 044 is THAT fast! Considering that the 044/MS440 are the saws I have the most hours on, that thing really threw me for a loop. I am a fan!

Also: Just occurred to me that I spaced off my fuel jug and a jug of bar oil. I would be thrilled if you would bring them along net week so that I could retrieve them.

Once again: thanks to you and yours for hosting this shindig. It was a great trip to and from a great event to make a great day!

Latest posts

Back