Mini Mill made bench seat

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihlman441

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Got around to using the Mini Mill today and made a bench seat,used the 460 with a 25'' bar and a Carlton A3EP-RP (3/8 .063 Ripping Chain) worked out pretty good.The 460 did it without to much effort.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

One end for tall people the other for short, this Guy really thougth of everything when he cut it out

Sure, I understand that bit, I meant one end of the seat seems higher than the other.

One end is slighly larger in diameter than the other,but when i put something under it i will level it out.The way the pics are taken of the bench is the wrong way around,in the pic the back rest will end up being the seat.

Love the seat.
Am I the only person who has noticed a MAJOR safety flaw with the Mini Mill.
The flaw that I speak of is the lack of a hand guard for the handle used to push the mill. If your hand should slip then it will meet the full wrath of goodness only knows how many razor sharp teeth. OUCH:(

Love the seat.
Am I the only person who has noticed a MAJOR safety flaw with the Mini Mill.
The flaw that I speak of is the lack of a hand guard for the handle used to push the mill. If your hand should slip then it will meet the full wrath of goodness only knows how many razor sharp teeth. OUCH:(

It has been discussed before. I don't like it either but it's not as bad as it looks otherwise, given the number that are out there, we would have heard about such injuries and I have never heard of one (but that's not to say it couldn't happen). What I have heard about is operators forgetting to tighten the bar clamp up and the saw rotating in the clamp and mangling a chain.

Ha there BobL,in the second pic you can see i have a aluminium angle between the clamp bolts and bar (to stop marking the bar) and was thinking it may slip,thats whats the cable tyres are preventing.May have to think about this set up some more ?.

Ha there BobL,in the second pic you can see i have a aluminium angle between the clamp bolts and bar (to stop marking the bar) and was thinking it may slip,thats whats the cable tyres are preventing.May have to think about this set up some more ?.

Ally is not a very good material to use as a part of a clamp on steel on something like a CS. The vibe will eventually crush/abrade the ally and it could slip. It should be OK if you make sure it's tight every time you take it out for a run. Brass would be better.

I wouldn't be too worried about the bar and a bit more concerned about the chain - if it comes off and gets jammed in the clamp it could make a bit of a mess.

I use a lot of ally and brass around where the chain could come off. On most of my setups the chain doesn't go far, but do try and avoid it hitting steel.

On this setup the chain is either going to drop and the cutters hit brass and jam, or rise and the drivers will contact with the ally pipe around the bolt thru the nose. But hopefully with the springs the chain should not come off. The brass angle on this setup has already been marked when I had the chain way too loose that the spring couldn't make up the slack.

attachment.php

Got around to using the Mini Mill today and made a bench seat,used the 460 with a 25'' bar and a Carlton A3EP-RP (3/8 .063 Ripping Chain) worked out pretty good.The 460 did it without to much effort.

attachment.php

Like the bench, it turned out neat!
Looks like the inspectors were giving it the once over. :camera:

jerry-

jerry-

Back