Mini skid-steers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't make fun of the ladders on the truck, I use them stupid **** like taking a wire of the house and pole pruning. In fact I usually just drive the truck under what I need to get and just stand on that.:) Or I do this

LocusttrunkandcleanupLOGS041.jpg

That pick ax attachment you made is pretty neat. We been using the stump grinder to dig holes. That implement that holds the earth auger is real expensive. Not sure how well the set up works either.

I got the narrow track and it went thru few gates that wouldn't have been gotten thru with the big one. But we would have had less tipping on some embankments with the wide one. I guess that is why they make 2 models.

I love this thing so much I want to pull it into the basement and watch tv with it. haha

Last edited:
That pick ax attachment you made is pretty neat. We been using the stump grinder to dig holes. That implement that holds the earth auger is real expensive. Not sure how well the set up works either.

I got the narrow track and it went thru few gates that wouldn't have been gotten thru with the big one. But we would have had less tipping on some embankments with the wide one. I guess that is why they make 2 models.

I love this thing so much I want to pull it into the basement and watch tv with it. haha

I have gotten inside every gate so far, sometimes they have to come down anyway but I haven't met a gate i couldn't pass or a walkway, deckway, landscape bed... I guess the mention of craning it in was,umm, mentioned before. That would be easy, safe and fun, really no sweat at all. Just do it right or you are going to regret it, you'd need the right chains.
I can wheel my 4500 pound chipper up and into some places that would fry the clutch on the tree truck, at least lose all the mirrors. When you get it back like that somtimes you just chip into the air, now you just saved more money by not running to dump. If you do it right chipping like that is great.
Covering roots for protection is minimal, most lawn repair is blowing the track marks out of the grass.
With these machine you have to take your time with for sure. I take larger logs, just slower. I don't want to add real heavy apparatuss on it for lifting logs. It reduces the ammount of log you can pick up quick. A fullsize grapple would just grapple at some of the logs you can move with forks, it wouldn't pick them but if they could they would be even more teetery. These machine have there limits which are not that great when it comes to lifting.

I have a s250 and use it often but it just cant fit in a lot of place. So this last year I bought a mt52 and I'm not sure how I ever got around without it. I still need to build myself a set of those forks like treemandan though. What these little machines can do amazes me every time.

Heres the one i ran for about a year. didnt do much tree work with it but we mixed cement in the bucket moved bads of cement, rock, drilled h oles. And here is the 3' trencher pretty much a dirt chainsaw for waterlines.electric.

Latest posts

Back