Minnesota Logging on the River History

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlankSpanker

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
If any of you yearn for the days of old, I think you should read this article. It was written by my grandfather Curt Williams and published in 1958 in the Minnesota Conservation Volunteer. The magazine started in 1940 and still exists today and is known for its splendid photography and art work, and as a vast well of information about all things concerning the land and wild life. Let me know what you think... Here is the link: http://www.frontiernet.net/~geoffreywilliams/Driving Down the River0001.pdf

If any of you yearn for the days of old, I think you should read this article. It was written by my grandfather Curt Williams and published in 1958 in the Minnesota Conservation Volunteer. The magazine started in 1940 and still exists today and is known for its splendid photography and art work, and as a vast well of information about all things concerning the land and wild life. Let me know what you think... Here is the link: http://www.frontiernet.net/~geoffreywilliams/Driving Down the River0001.pdf

Interesting read. Thanks for posting it. Ron

Neat stuff. I live 7 miles from the St Croix, about 20 miles from where the Taylors Falls jam occured. There's a dam there now.

Just to put a face on the story, here is a photo of my Grandfather:

View attachment 213124

My wife says he is hawt. I have to remind her that he's been gone since 1964, and she'll have to settle for me.:waaaht:

Plankspanker your attachment dosn't work, well at least on this end. That was a good read, always nice to see how they did things years ago.Thank you for posting it.

Beefie

That's for the post! I love reading about the old times. Especially stories from Minnesota.

Thanks for sharing that!

Can't seem to find the edit button.

You can only edit your posts for a certain amount of time (I guess it keeps people from stirring up a pot then removing what they originally said).

Not sure what the timer is, I've run into once or twice myself.

Back