Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We hit up the beer garden after the races. He only had 2. Thought he could handle his alcohol better then that. I guess Damon must be learning something working with you guys. He was pretty excited to beat him.

Big thanks to Andy and Sara for all your hard work putting these things on. By all means just ask and I am sure other people will step up and help out so you can enjoy yourself more too. Cant wait for Grantsburg. Should be another great time. Thanks for the great pics Philbert. My son enjoyed getting to see other people enjoyed seeing his old pickup too.

What weekend is the races in grantsburg? I need to put it on the calendar. Plus I need to know if I have time to get a saw out to Scott and back in time by then.

What weekend is the races in grantsburg? I need to put it on the calendar. Plus I need to know if I have time to get a saw out to Scott and back in time by then.

Not so sure on the saw to Scott & back...

August 24th @ 10 am. check out the Redneck Saw Racers facebook page if you want to get updates pushed! :msp_w00t:

I'll help ya out with some names...

OK, I realized that I took something like 80 photos. Lots are 'repeats'. I'll try to post a bunch.
I am really bad with names (especially when everybody has 2) so folks can help me out.

Will try to break them out into some rough categories.

Saws

Lots of shots of trailers full of saws. Here are some folks with theirs:

Andydodgegeek
attachment.php

(Hey! Didn't I see you in "Happy Gilmore"?)

The Roberts men, Duane (5R-INC) and son Damon

attachment.php

Matched set!

Jon (Heavyfuel)

attachment.php

Notice how the satellite link direct from Germany adjusts the tuned pipe!

Philbert

Not so sure on the saw to Scott & back...

August 24th @ 10 am. check out the Redneck Saw Racers facebook page if you want to get updates pushed! :msp_w00t:

Sorry Sarah but AS is my Facebook. I didn't think I could get a saw to Scott and back in time either. Guess I'm just going to have to send it and be down to one saw.

Couple more names...
(aside from the grandstands . . . )

Duane's back

attachment.php

Proper, and popular attire

John (Old Guy) and his lovely guest, Sheryl (sorry if I spelled that wrong), along with the Stoolmaker's brother, Marty

attachment.php

Are the canopies for protection from the sun or the wood chips?

Nate (Heavyfuel's son) onlooking...
attachment.php

Ready to jump in

Chris (Pele55), Damon, and possibly another Roberts boy?
attachment.php

Hemlines are so hard to predict this time of year.

Philbert

Here is a picture of the race cants for next weekend, I will be bringing them loaded on my old 47 Dodge.

attachment.php

Now that is beautiful!

This on the other hand was one of my old Dodges. Not quite so pretty.

It wasn't the branches bouncing off it in the middle of the night (propped for effect) but the sound of the bang when the branch hit the hood, sure woke us up.

No, it was the mechanical stuff that went. Tranny, timing chain, etc. Still got a thing about Dodges, though.

ramtough72.jpg

The aftermath from the races.

attachment.php

My old Massey Ferguson garden tractor, I brought it to pull the trailer full of saws. I didn't really need it but then again I really didn't need 25 saws with either.

attachment.php

Here's me and Philbert getting ready to duke it out.

attachment.php

Me and Derrick running what looks to be the 49sp race.

attachment.php

Me and the local fellow Cory, he seemed to be a real nice guy. I told him to join Arboristsite.

attachment.php

Derrick and Adam going at it with the 49sp's.

attachment.php

Pele beat me with his 49sp, my grips were oily.

attachment.php

Here's Duane giving the camera man a golden shower, while Wes is pulling up on his end.

attachment.php

Again Duane spraying the camera while Dale is trying to keep up.

attachment.php

Dale (Adam for those who don't know about the joke) and Damon

attachment.php

Derrick has this look everytime he races, and everytime he is asleep in the back of the Tahoe on the way back from Iowa.

attachment.php

Damon handing me my ass
attachment.php

Me and Jon with the pipe saws

attachment.php

Here is the face I make when I'm making a stool.

attachment.php

Duane and Jacob, these guys did real good this weekend.

attachment.php

See I told you so.

attachment.php

Cory and Wes

attachment.php

Old guy and Cory

attachment.php

Check this out, two locals racing Cory and Doug. I think this chainsawing could get popular.

attachment.php

Oldguy and Kevin (Kdeerpark I think is his username)

attachment.php

Thats it for tonight, the computer is getting really hot on my lap. Might not be so bad if I was wearing pants.

Latest posts

Back