Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The range I belong too is very nicely equipped. They have a 1000yd range, a pistol range, a black powder range, a multi-purpose range, an archery range, and a shot gun range. The club owns about 400 acres and I do most of my wood cutting there and I also do some deer hunting there. It is a sweet place.

man,u got it all up nort:rock::rock:

The range I belong too is very nicely equipped. They have a 1000yd range, a pistol range, a black powder range, a multi-purpose range, an archery range, and a shot gun range. The club owns about 400 acres and I do most of my wood cutting there and I also do some deer hunting there. It is a sweet place.

I thought I was special because our range has a 600yd range. I'm still special, but just in a different way...

What kind of special??? Did the short wheelbase of your school bus make for a bumpy ride?:msp_biggrin:

Speaking of school buses, I went to haydays grass drags on Saturday and realized that I need a bus (not a short one like I'm used to) to chop the back and seats off and load with sleds. Any body got a bus they wanna sell?

so is any one coming on the 14-15?

Sarah has 2 weddings she is going to this weekend so she is out. It doesn't look like there are any other people coming down, sorry to duck out on ya but I am thinking that I am going to stay home and cut some wood at my place this saturday, and sunday I am going to try to put my transmission back in my motorhome. I am running out of weekends before deer hunting. The only other open weekend day that I have before hunting is september 21st, if you want a helping hand I could come down then.

Now I'm gonna ask on short notice if there are a few people interested in coming to my place on Saturday for a mini shooting/sawing gtg? I was thinking about 8am breakfast at the Kaffe Stuga in Harris then go to the gun club and do a little shooting for a couple hours in the morning and then go out and spend a few hours sawing in the woods. I need to limit the number of people I can bring to about 5 or so. If you are interested add your name to the list.

Andy

Regrettably, I will not be able to attend this weekend. I was also hoping to make it to one of your Wed. nite gatherings but those plans just went to heck too.
Andy it was nice visiting with you tonight. Thanks for stopping by. DF

Well it looks like I have a free weekend to get together with somebody. I need to swing buy scotts on the way and pick up ernies saw, and make another stop but would like to come up and see you guys.

Beefie

Regrettably, I will not be able to attend this weekend. I was also hoping to make it to one of your Wed. nite gatherings but those plans just went to heck too.
Andy it was nice visiting with you tonight. Thanks for stopping by. DF

No problem we can get together to cut wood anytime, there's lots of trees in the woods. Nice chatting with you as well and thanks for the transmission help.

Okay finally got a picture of the m1a

3ytamuma.jpg

dude! would love to put some rounds through that thing. maybe someday i'll be able to get one. what i'd really like is an M14, my favorite rifle ever. guess i'd have to go to some third world country to get one though. happy shooting

Now I'm gonna ask on short notice if there are a few people interested in coming to my place on Saturday for a mini shooting/sawing gtg? I was thinking about 8am breakfast at the Kaffe Stuga in Harris then go to the gun club and do a little shooting for a couple hours in the morning and then go out and spend a few hours sawing in the woods. I need to limit the number of people I can bring to about 5 or so. If you are interested add your name to the list.

Andy

Andy, Wife says I can go, will probably bring DPMS .308 M4 type thing and a couple saws.

John

OK so I'm going to make this easy for everyone. Please add your name for the Iowa "Swap Meet" GTG under the below date you're willing to come to. If you are available for either put your name under both. All saws welcome but this will be a GTG "Lite"... IE: no race saws or saw builds or race cants, and bring out your dead! Anything you want to bring to trade that's related to outdoor power equipment! Yes there will be a few logs but this is more of a gathering to catch up with eachother, eat good food, find a new project, and also Mark's favorite part of the last Iowa Fall GTG... Lawn chair by the bonfire! As long as we don't have a burn ban in effect that is...

Simple concept: sign up below the date with the most people will become the GTG date!

GTG Proposed Location
8590 143rd Ave
Indianola, IA 50125

October 12, 2013
Nathan - nstueve

October 26, 2013
Nathan - nstueve

Last edited:
GTG Proposed Location
8590 143rd Ave
Indianola, IA 50125

October 12, 2013