Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about those races... Haven't herd much jabber on here about them. Are they still planed for the 15th. I'm getting kinda jumpy.... ;]

I made progress on squeak 2 today.
u9u6e7u9.jpg

72cc dual port this time:D

I had to replace valve stems in two truck tires tonight. In the past breaking the beads was usually a pain it the rear but I figured out a good way to do it. I was standing in the garage thinking what can I use to break these beads, the skidsteer works but not the greatest, then it hit me. The log splitter. It worked SWEET!!! Thought I would pass this on to any of you who enjoy a little hillbilly ingenuity. I put a piece of angle iron on the wedge just so it was not as sharp and then stood the tire up and took a short piece of 2x4 and pushed against it with the ram. Worked perfectly. I was very excited. I seem to have to mess around with tires quite a bit in my shop and finding a good way to work with them is nice.

I'm gonna cut a little more wood out by the boiler tomorrow if anyone wants to join in let me know. Bring a saw or try out one of mine. I know me and Sarah will be here and Dieselfitter (Tim) said he is gonna come over. It's supposed to be fairly cold but if we want to warm up it's only 30' to my 65 degree shop.

Ran my Stihl MS390 today but only for a little while. I'm pretty sure I'm not getting any oil to the chain. I used a toothpick to clean out the port. This is probably pretty novice of me but, any other suggestions?

Winter or summer grade oil? Don't know how old you saw is or if it was oiling OK recently.

See if oil flows with the bar removed? Rinse out your oil tank if it looks gummed up? Replace your oil filter?

Philbert

I'm gonna cut a little more wood out by the boiler tomorrow if anyone wants to join in let me know. Bring a saw or try out one of mine. I know me and Sarah will be here and Dieselfitter (Tim) said he is gonna come over. It's supposed to be fairly cold but if we want to warm up it's only 30' to my 65 degree shop.
If I didn't have a hockey game I'd be there. Lost to the cake eaters 4-2 tonight.

Ran my Stihl MS390 today but only for a little while. I'm pretty sure I'm not getting any oil to the chain. I used a toothpick to clean out the port. This is probably pretty novice of me but, any other suggestions?
Yeah definitely try running the saw with the clutch cover and bar off to see if you are getting any flow. Like philbert said check to make sure the filter isn't plugged. If all looks good there the plastic oil pump driver could be stripped, a very easy fix. If you need help with any of it let me know, I don't live too far from St Croix Falls.

Wow. Thank you so much, dieselfitter, for calling us up! What great friends we have meet through this place! dieselfitter (aka Tim) and jonsered Racket (aka Dale aka Adam) came up yesterday & cut some serious wood yesterday! Can't thank you guys enough! Plus.... It was fun hanging out, so bonus... :cool:
u3y7y8ad.jpg
anupypa5.jpg
ujutaja5.jpg

Sent from north of hwy 8

Back