Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good mornin all.
Things are still on for wood cuttin day,Nov.28&29th, if any one wants to come.
Figure on just locals but anybody is welcome.
Will b fellin ,skiddin,buckin,cuttin and splittin.
Start around 8 both days.
U guys can keep that white stuff up nordt dont want any!!!!!

View attachment 378942
Picked up some new toys at an auction this weekend. A TS 400 and a 1-70 or 1-80 McCulloch. Only thing wrong with the TS 400 was it needed a new cut-off wheel (can't see it in the picture very good but chunks were gone out of one side so it vibrated really bad at WOT), otherwise it fired right up and ran. Paid a whopping $85 for it. Flipped it today for a piston/cylinder and a bunch of other bits-n-pieces for my 075 at the shop. The Mac was $5 and may just become a parts saw or a rainy day project.

If the Mac is a 1-70 I may be interested in it. I have my dads 1-70 that I would like to hear run again.

Anyone want to join me Saturday for the Iowa Wisconsin game?
c26842891bbd9b135202fff226ea381d.jpg

If the Mac is a 1-70 I may be interested in it. I have my dads 1-70 that I would like to hear run again.

It should be, it's got both 1-70 and 1-80 stamps on the bottom of the block but the 1-80 stamp has x's over it. Probably one of those OEM "leftover parts" saws. If you're going to be at treemonkey's on the 6th I can bring it to you or send it with someone to give to you.

Thanks, I won't make it to treemonkey's. I am pretty close to wetgunpowder and the Dodgegeeks if that works? The X'd out 80 under the 70 is the same on the one I have.

Marvelous! Mayby it will help get dads old saw going again. I will let you take her for a rip if we end up at the same GTG. I used dads 1-70 to cut out the piece of maple from the home place that I used to make his urn with back in 1999. On a side note at Thanksgiving mom gave me the paperwork from 1965 when dad purchased his stationary sawmill. Before that it was a portable. Fun old stuff!!

If anyone in the area is interested, I'll be helping out a local get some wood for his OWB this Saturday. He the one with the Tundra with the trailer full of wood a few pages back. Most of the wood was cut about a year ago but because of weather/procrastination I didn't get back to most of it to split it. It's white ash and probably not good anymore for indoor burning but he said at this point he'll take anything he can get. We'll be meeting at Angel's Hwy 63 Diner in Ellsworth at 7 am on Saturday. Address is 522 East Main Street, Ellsworth, WI 54011.

Latest posts

Back