mint stihl 090

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian99574

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Came across a mint 090 for sale. Wondering whats a fair price if saw checks out. Dont see to many available for sale these days. Thinking I would be great for bucking big wood 42 inch and larger. Wouldnt mind adding it to my collection either if the price is right. Give me ur opinions. Dont want to miss a good opportunity on a classic.

Attachments

• 00V0V_c5WPRgUGk46_600x450.jpeg
    00V0V_c5WPRgUGk46_600x450.jpeg
    12.2 KB · Views: 141
Yes, it WILL pull a 42" and larger bar easily, however since it has no AV, get ready for your hands to hurt after using it unless you get a good pair of AV gloves. Prices run from $900 - $1500 for very clean samples.

Make sure it's an original and not an Asian knock off. They're apparently out there. If you see it in person, probably not too hard to tell. This saw is decades old. If it looks brand new, it might be. lol.

there was a scam surfacing on all the craigslist sites around the states and IIRC that is the picture that was in the ad. tread lightly. the scam might have moved up north. there was also an 880 scam a while back around the same time too i believe.

If it's too good to be true, it is. I wouldn't buy a big ticket item like that unless off eBay with a known seller with 100% feedback. Preferably, buy from someone on here.

I don't see the Stihl name on the aluminum finned case.
The 090s I've seen have the Stihl name embossed there.

Thats an AV model so it may be a genuine Stihl. I have only heard of the 070 copies being disquised as an 090. Those were all the regular models, not the AV. Thats a very nice and expensive saw if it all pans out.

Hope it turns out to be the real thing, sure is a good looking saw, would look good in anyones collection

I notice one other thing that bothers me.
I don't know enough about these saws to be sure.
Looking at the top of the saw it only has a single tag.
Shouldn't a 090AV have 2 tags.
Top tag saying Stihl and the bottom tag saying 090 AV.
With the spark plug wire going in between both tags.?

You know, I can use the image search add on in firefox and look for a photo
and see shows up in a bunch of differnt adds.

That's usually a handy way to look for a scammer.
wether the pic is of a saw or a "new" member.

It's just a bit unusual that somehow,
this is the only site,
where I find the links are coded in a way that seems to foul that search add on of Firefox.

"Search image everywhere" is the add on that I'm talking about.
It's really a pretty handy tool for spotting "recycled"/bogus, images
and the B S artists using-stealing them to make their adds look genuine.
It lets you look through google and tineye, plus a couple other search engines with a couple of clicks.

Thanks guys for all the info. Im on vacation and seen the add. If I get a chance ill take a look in person and run the saw. Price is $600 which seems cheap for a vintage saw in good condition if it checks out. Ive seen the chinese knockoffs online. Definitely can tell the difference. Ill keep u posted. Keep the info coming. Ill work on getting more pics and a video if I can.

I have a top cover that is just like that and has all of the Stihl part numbers on it so that should be a very late model cover. Mine looks very well made and does not appear tobe a copy.

Latest posts

Back