Mityvac Pump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great fun once brake fluid gets mistakenly sucked into the pump when bleeding brake lines.
Yep... I've had my mity vac going on 15 years now, only rebuilt it once and it was indeed from brake fluid getting suck into it. Now I have a pressure pot for brakes. And haven't had an issue with the mity vac since.

Few things to note Tom, the plastic bit of the selector valve like to strip off if you don't rotate it/keep it lubed from time to time. Can be a real pain, only available in the rebuild kit AFAIK And gauge accuracy should be checked if possible. The vac side is more finicky then the pressure side.

Good video:

I added a Briggs red or white small engine plastic fuel filter on the hose on my mityvac.
It prevents the tool drawing in bits of trash into the tool when doing vac tests.
Before installing the filter every once in awhile I would have to use a toothpick and q tip and remove small bits of trash/carbon from under the red flapper check valve.

I used mine for years and never have had to use my spare re-build kit.
I store the tool in a large plastic tool box with several adapters and hoses that I've accumulated over the years.

Good video:

I added a Briggs red or white small engine plastic fuel filter on the hose on my mityvac.
It prevents the tool drawing in bits of trash into the tool when doing vac tests.
Before installing the filter every once in awhile I would have to use a toothpick and q tip and remove small bits of trash/carbon from under the red flapper check valve.

I used mine for years and never have had to use my spare re-build kit.
I store the tool in a large plastic tool box with several adapters and hoses that I've accumulated over the years.
Another awesome tip, thanks

Back