Mn,wis,ia-gtg 10-09-10

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
42" is the biggest I got but I'm sure the 395 would still be happy.
A 42" will work just fine.I know one of you guys from across the river that was at J.D.'s last GTG that could do it with your set-up blind folded and win.Trying out the new camera.Heres part 1 of going from the garage to the GTG site so none of you get lost.It's boring and there is a part 2 coming soon.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uJ3LKskvRcg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uJ3LKskvRcg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Soon is here so here is the boring 2nd half coming out of a wood lot onto the dirt road that comes off the main tar road then the GTG site and the challange site and a view from where the saw trailer will be and back to the GTG site.I know,BORING but if it helps one person from getting lost I will be happy.<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7o7au6qQdPU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7o7au6qQdPU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Looks great Woody although I am a little nervous about that laser death ray that you show at the beginning of the first video and then a little closer to the end. I hope that is not what you intend to use on non-Minnesotans.

Looks great Woody although I am a little nervous about that laser death ray that you show at the beginning of the first video and then a little closer to the end. I hope that is not what you intend to use on non-Minnesotans.
If I had one to use you never know.The sun was just about to come out so I started with that.Took me all day to get the right setting for the vid size,had to make 4 vids to get it right:givebeer:Just sent one to Thor to see if they go through email.Its a lazy day for me,the wifes in St.Cloud shopping and its the State fair tomorrow:clap:or as we minnesotans call it"The Great Minnesota GTG"

Last edited:
Sure looks like a great spot. Oh, do I wish I had room like that to stack my firewood! :clap:
You will see the field I made next to me for wood thats on the land I sold my brother.Where the vid splits is where I am making more room for my firewood.I got 5 cords behind the house for this winter too.

Hey Brownie, AKA WetGunPowder, hows your football misfits doing in the Fox river superfund site?

Hey J.D. are you bringing the left over wood from the fair?I sure would like to have a rematch with the same wood.I brought a couple peices home with me to analyze from the Grantsberg fair:hmm3grin2orange:
attachment.php

I cut a couple pine peices to put the big wood VINIFIREWOOD is bringing.I will have 4 2X4's with pole barn nails to hold it better if needed.Anyone else bringing a big round?And a pic of Windell's tree.He has to drop it to the left.It looks like a little weight is on it's right side.This tree will be used for cookies at the GTG.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:
nice cant wait to go to the gtg. anybody bringing a log splitter up there.
Thanks,I have a splitter.The won't be any charity fire wood cutting and splitting like at J.D.'s.I do have over 4 cords on the ground ready to split for my firewood if someone wants.I started cutting live ones last fall and only have about 10 or 12 cord left I will cut on my land.Won't be taking any pics for 2 1/2 weeks,the wife is taking the camera to North Carolina with her when see goes on her planed vacation to visit her son.

Last edited:
Left into that gap or towards the camera?
I don't want you to hit my new to me camera so toward that brush pile that looks brown.I am thinking the way that the least amount of weight and lean is on:cheers: I will have my best fence post in the ground with an orange bow on it where I want it dropped:chainsaw:

Last edited:
Well,the kid down the road won't be bringing his ATV and the mini haywagon now:cry:On a happy note I found 5 or 6 red oaks within walking distance or the 4X8 trailer behind the 500 Polaris someone can cut down(might need the feller named Windell)that I will buck up and limb the following weekend.These trees are all dead and across the road from me on the neighbors land.Just thought if some of you guys like cutting down trees I got some lined up.I have some chainsaw decor lined up also that will be in the garage.The challange course is just about complete,this will be the first thing we will do except for the first one here gets to cut down the bridge tree.The course is in the Play Station and has 3" of water around it now.If it doesn't dry out by the GTG someone will be getting wet unless they have good balance.The prize so far for the winner is a LASER hand ice arger by StrikeMaster,a large Dolmar T-shirt and two pair of Dolmar gloves.This challange is not for the weak at heart.You will have to beat a guy's time that's almost 60 years young and will be getting a shoot in the knee this Monday:cheers:When the challenge is done then everything in the Play Station can be cut up.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back