Mn,wis,ia-gtg 10-09-10

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm back finally after my 800 mile chainsaw odyssey. I'll start loading videos tomorrow. Now, I need to spend an hour and get caught up on the WTF thread. :dizzy:

looks like it was a blast. havent been working lately and work poped up friday saturday and sunday. just couldnt turn it down. really wanted to try my treeslingered 390 out on some of them ported stihls. looked like alot of fun.

Thursday night I was all set to go for the GTG, big cottonwood trunk and all. As luck would have it, on my way to work Friday morning the Duramax sprung a coolant leak (water pump I think). :cry:
So my sat will be wasted fixin that misserable ^&%$#!%^^*( / thing.
Have fun and stay safe guys.

This will help heat the shop this winter tho. Bed of the trailer is 76" between the fenders.
[
The good news is, the gentleman I got that cottonwood from has another one he wants taken down in the near future that is BIGGER than this one. I'll save that for a spring GTG.

VF,

Before digging too deep there are a few things to consider with the Dmax. Watch your PM box.

looks like it was a blast. havent been working lately and work poped up friday saturday and sunday. just couldnt turn it down. really wanted to try my treeslingered 390 out on some of them ported stihls. looked like alot of fun.

From what I could tell it would give them a run for their money!:chainsaw:

Glad to see your not upset about my Stock 460 beating your ported 460. I almost felt guilty.

Kiss my what? :D :D :D

Hey, I was just testing out that 8-pin on the 460. Shoulda swapped for the 7-pin I run every day on it and given it a whirl. As it was, it was kinda apples to oranges, but still no sour grapes. Probably you'da beat me anyway. :) :)

It was just a lot of fun trying something new. Who knows? Could be I'm hooked! Wish I coulda made the charity cut yesterday. :chainsaw:

Last edited:
and of course beating a guys time with his own saw LOL

That WAS a priceless moment, and caught on video for all to see! Poor Thor! Think he's gotta change his AS handle to Thorina now. :buttkick: :popcorn:

The vid is actually really helpful, mweba, and I want to thank you for doing it. I see a couple key things Heavy Fuel was doing in the 660 showdown that I can learn from. :clap: :clap:

That WAS a priceless moment, and caught on video for all to see! Poor Thor! Think he's gotta change his AS handle to Thorina now. :buttkick: :popcorn:

The vid is actually really helpful, mweba, and I want to thank you for doing it. I see a couple key things Heavy Fuel was doing in the 660 showdown that I can learn from. :clap: :clap:

LOLOL

Yes much to learn from in those videos. A sharp chain and a LIGHT hand is faster. I did two consecutive runs with my 394, the second run I pushed, slowed me by better than a second.

Here is the first group of videos. Took an hour to upload. Ugghh!

I did no editing so it is what it is.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uG42CN5pJMY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uG42CN5pJMY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I still can't see any of the vids:cry:I finished up with all the outdoor cleanup,will have pics latter this week.Anyone interested in a mini GTG and brush pile burning party as soon as I get 3" of snow on the ground.I have a few plates,paper towels,knifes,spoons,forks,bowls,grill gas and wood for one.I also have a couple nice clip boards,when do you want them back J.D.?I also found a Stihl scrench,file guide with file and a blankie.The blankie really likes to cuddle up to my Husky for some reason:confused:How you want these back Steve?I know its yours because you are wearing it in post 305.http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=153829&stc=1&d=1286842854

Last edited:
If we get another nice weekend this fall yet I might just jump on the cycle and ride over to get those clipboards. Always looking for an excuse to ride.

I could probably cut a half hour off my time that it took me with the truck and trailer w/skidsteer. I managed to get almost 7 1/2 mpg that day.

I want to give special thanks to my fill in camera operator so I could get one clip of me running a saw.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MNpPDtC3DSA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MNpPDtC3DSA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Back