Modded 365XT giving it a workout! Bought from AS Trading post.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt81

Bliss: Saw full of fuel and yard full of trees!
Reaction score
I just could not let this pass for the price. Most people know that we get drawn over hot coals for new saw prices over here, so any time i can get a near new saw for real close to a third of it's Aussie RRP, It's go time!

365XT modded into a small air filter 372XP. Transfers were ground out and a muff mod done. Also has a coil from a 346XP. Dustin (dgb84) was a real nice guy to deal with. Saw is everything and more than was advertised.

I have just started a real big job that is just around the corner from me. A friend who i have been on his back for years to get his yard cleaned up finally gave in. Well maybe his wife getting in his ear helped things! ;)He has got me to get the huge 120+ foot gums that are leaning towards and over his house all cut down. Also many other trees cleaned up and pruned of large dead branches. His house is on a hill and the wind really roars through these trees. Many of the ones in question are on the west and south side of his house and that is where our strongest winds come from. There are around 10 gums over 100 foot that have to go.

This was the most dangerous one, a mountain grey gum, as it was leaning towards his house and had branches hanging over his roof. Lots of rigging of large branches and the port-a-wrap got a workout. When I came out of the tree the wind had picked up so I called off the felling until the next morning. Next day was completely calm so got it all done. At least he is not going to need to buy quality firewood for quite a while!

upload_2014-10-10_16-5-35.jpeg

The Jonsered CS2252 i bought a few months back from Cory was getting a workout too on the limbs and the stuff under 18". I have not picked up my 346XP since i got this saw.
upload_2014-10-10_16-5-57.jpeg

upload_2014-10-10_16-6-15.jpeg

upload_2014-10-10_16-6-31.jpeg

I was really surprised with the saw. Excellent torque in the cut. Very noticeable improvement over a stock 365XT. Really ripped through this hardwood trunk. I cut all the trunk you can see here plus more down the hill, except for the last 2 cuts near the stump, on the one tank of fuel. Impressed me anyway. Only took around 30 minutes too. Man, with the muff mod it is sure loud though! Judging by how clean and new looking it was when it arrived it is not even close to broken in yet. Happy days! :)
upload_2014-10-10_16-7-3.jpeg

This is the first tree of many other big ones. This is a side job and i am going mainly on weekends or when i have a day free when my boss does not need me. There will be more to come.

Shoulda put these pics first. Here's how it looked right after unpacking it. Lucky I just happened to be home when it was delivered. It came with the Powermatch Dolmar bar but i am trying to standardise my chain sizes and gauges. Trying to have all 325 chain only 050 and all 3/8" chain only 058, to make buying rolls much easier (and cheaper).
I put one of my GB titanium 20" bars (re branded as a Husqvarna) and a LGX full chisel chain on it. Super clean saw. Looks like it genuinely has seen very little wood. That will change real fast now that i have it. :chainsaw:
Almost looks too good to get dirty. ;) Too late it already is!
upload_2014-10-10_22-53-21.jpegupload_2014-10-10_22-53-37.jpeg

That's two clean saws in a couple months for you. I'm glad that 2252 is working good for you.

Latest posts

Back