MODDERS: Did anyone work on THIS 372XPW ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RenaisSAWnceMan

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Gents:

Recently picked up...quite unexpectedly..:)...a 372XPW, and the gent said he understood that someone in CA, or
so he thought, had done some portin' & polishing on it.

Thus, I thought I would ask if anyone who keeps records, might kindly check and see if they did any work on
372XPW serial no. 06 45xxx52

ALSO, while we're here....perhaps someone can advise if there are any OTHER parts, than the cylinder and piston, on the XPW that are different from those on the standard 72cc 372..?? Carb, muff, etc... Thanks.

PHOTOS:

That's the saw I was going to reported stolen.
Yeah all Orange with the same serial numbers...
Does it have a full wrap handle bar and falling dogs? Does it say 75cc on the top cover sticker! It has a deeper factory side cover like the 390. That's OK, I have a few others. Just make sure you shine it up after every use and don't rev it because they can't take it:innocent:
All jokes a side. Those are most of the differences mentioned above.
I'm not sure if they use a different carb or the 12b. They only released the 372 XPW in Canada with the 50 mm. The muffler wouldn't be different factory. Does your muffler look modified?

Awright....photos added to the original post....

I hadn't actually had a chance to take even a closer second-look until now, and...the muff does look quite stock, according to what I've seen in photos...and, even still has the arrestor screen. Though, I will say
that, when runnin' it out to drain the fuel, it sure has a bit more of a growl than I would expect for stock.

If this one runs well, guess I will go ahead and let the 2101XP I have held as backup to the 394XP, go.....since, it seems, the 394 is somehow getting heavier, as I get older.... Not sure how/why that works, though! Must be global climate change/pole shift....or, Nibiru, perhaps.

Back