Mold!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Montana_Sam

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Not one of my finer moments...

Put away all my climbing, ropes and rigging gear soaking wet into a few totes this fall before I moved all my equipment into a new garage. I was just organizing my tree gear when I remembered the totes, and opened them up to find 1/4" of green/white furry mold on everything!!

Not wanting to mess my gear up with chemicals...any tips for getting it clean/dry? Currently hanging in the shop with heaters and fans on it...

Treat all the affected gear with Concrobium. It is a sodium carbonate solution and then wash it all with citro squeeze detergent. Reapply the concrobium if it reoccurs. Rinse all metal parts again. Did the same thing a couple of years back. My gear is none the worse for wear.

Treat all the affected gear with Concrobium. It is a sodium carbonate solution and then wash it all with citro squeeze detergent. Reapply the concrobium if it reoccurs. Rinse all metal parts again. Did the same thing a couple of years back. My gear is none the worse for wear.

If strong h2O2 can't cut it, Concrobium all the way.

20230112_091512.jpg

Back