MOLE and MALE Firewood is Terrific!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
MOLE stands for

Mulberry
Oak
Locust
Elm

and MALE stands for

Maple
Ash
Locust
Elm

Somehow these will work together in combination and make the hottest burning fires possible in a wood stove. Now, of course there are others, but these two acronyms are darned easy to remember. My firewood pile is composed mostly of a male mole.

WDYT? Have I lost my marbles?

Who Cares!

MOLE stands for

Mulberry
Oak
Locust
Elm

and MALE stands for

Maple
Ash
Locust
Elm

Somehow these will work together in combination and make the hottest burning fires possible in a wood stove. Now, of course there are others, but these two acronyms are darned easy to remember. My firewood pile is composed mostly of a male mole.

WDYT? Have I lost my marbles?

Who cares:

White Oak
Hickory
Osage Orange

Cherry
Ash
Red bud
Elm
Spruce

BTW, your marbles are long gone. :laugh:

So what ya burning tonight? :)
Oak, maple, elm, and ginkgo.

Believe it or not, the ginkgo I cut in June burns about half way in quality between elm and maple. I found it to be a rather pleasant surprise. Mix it with oak, ash, locust, or mulberry, and it makes a great rolling flame--must be the Asian influence that brings out the best in our domestics.

There I go again, losing my mind. ;)

OMEGA firewood:

Oak
Maple
Elm
Ginkgo
Ash

Last edited:
Locust
Oak
Willow

Ash
Ironwood
Maple

Although the willow isn't a true "Hard" it is defnetly abundant and when dry makes a great fire starter... builds nice coals quickly. Just remember LOW AIM Great Flame

I burn what ever is free that the town drops off to me.OWB does not care !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back