Morbark 2100D

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Striker

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The boss bought a used Morbark 2100D last fall. it was set up for railroad use. He had the dolly wheels removed. There is a hydraulic cylinder on the Right side that goes from the frame to the feeder wheel housing. It is plumbed from one port to the other.I am curious as to the purpose of the cylinder.

I take it then that there should be a hydraulic valve to operate the cylinder? There was a valve on the machine to raise and lower the railroad bogies. when the dealer took the bogies off , they took the valve too.

You should be able to plumb into to your valve bank for you F-N-R bar. I am sure you cant split that stack valve and add another stack in there for the yoke lift. Be sure to be explicit with what you are doing because that valve will need to either have pressure release to allow it to lower when you release the bar or have the plumbing for down pressure. It is a super nice feature so it is worth it. I want to say that the part is maybe around $100. Dont quote me but when Morbark added that feature it retailed for $425 when installed on the chipper at the factory. So the parts aren't that much since that included the cylinder, labor and extra valve. Any questions or need any help let me know. Contact Rayco Mfg. they are in Ohio and represent Morbark, they should be able to help you. 1-800-392-2686.

Back