More m-tronics coming

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing against Stihl.............but its 2012 why is it so hard to find an M-Tronic saw? I would personally like to run one, finally..........have been running Auto-Tune saws since 2009.

Hard to compare apples to apples when one hand is empty.
my dealer stocks/sells them along with the new F/I chop saw as well.

this thread is going the way the typical Stihl thread here does. the facts are here are simple, when you are #1, you will always have target on your back. and we all know who is #1 here.........STIHL:msp_biggrin:

yet it sure is funny how well it works, and then there are all the threads here about problems with AT/XP SAWS:rock:

Wonder how long Husqvarna has signed off on that patent.

Also how long does Stihl make service parts available?

Is there differing standards between the US market and the EU?

Just know many manufacturers pull the plug on service parts after awhile.

Built in obsolescence?

Unfortunately they are keeping their lips sealed on the 661 other than it will be late fall 2013 or spring 2014, other than it will weigh approximately a 1 lbs less, that is about all that is being said. I am speculating that it will have the same simple strato technology as the 461, I think they are prolly deciding on whether it will be a CM or fuel injected platform. It has been stated along with the weight loss there will be a noticeable increase in power 20-25% increase. Supposedly the folks that have been lucky enough to test it have loved it and don't want to give it back.
The 241 CM will come set up with 3/8 Picco set up, some who got to see it run in Germany said it is more impressive than a 200T ever was.
They are also well aware of people's complaints with the 201T, and although nothing was stated, I'm sure they are working hard to tweak it to what it should be, addition of the CM will be a good start.

Irregardless of brand you can thank the EPA for all the problems that all two stroke hand held mfgs are having. Scary thing is that some states like Kansas have already approved the sale of 15% ethanol gas and there is a strong movement to get 20% ethanol approved.
I sure didn't know that it is against the law to run any gas with more than 10% ethanol in a handheld piece of equipment.
Also we learned it is a 25k fine if you replace the fuel lines on a saw with anything but the oem fuel lines that came on the saw.
We use tygon on all non-stihls, especailly Poulans, according to the EPA rules we could be fined for not going back with factory Poulan line.
The EPA needs to concern themselves with issues that really make a darn, not a few hundred thousand woodcutters/loggers.

I have seen very few such threads, and even fewer where the AT (or XP) actually was the issue...
try the search function, it works very well. there are many fact based reads there, not the one sided BS you like to post.............:smile2:

At our update seminar we were told that the 261,362,461,201 and more models will be going to the M-tronic set up. NO release dates were discusses. The 261M-tronic is already in late test stages in the field. I think you will see the M-tronic even make it's way down in the farm and ranch saws. It helps meet epa standards and helps protect against some to the crap fuels you see in the market.

Another interesting point of discussion was the folks who are using 87 octane may actually be using 83 or 84 octane fuel after the alcohol evaporates out of the gas. Also the white residue you are seeing in carb screens is a olefin polomyer used in the refining process today, it is creating a waxy residue clogging inlet screens creating lean conditions. If you don't have a ultra sonic you want to make sure to replace the inlet screen on every carb rebuild along with the fuel filter.

awesome news Springs, keep us updated. I'll be waitin for that new 261 to replace my 260 pro. BTW i picked up a new 461 yesterday. :msp_smile:

What about changes to the current 441 cm?

Its been out for awhile and I know some people were gun shy to buy one, myself included, until others had a chance to run it through real world applications.

Or is it perfect the way it is and there is no reason to wait any longer?

I'll take a 201 once they get the performance straightened out, lighter would be nice too. Making it heavier than the 200t should be a crime.

The 441CM is the only version of the 441 that is going to be available, the "normal"441 has been discontinued. They are extremely pleased with the sales and virtually non-existent warranty claims with the 441CM, as far as they are concerned all the bugs have been worked out and it's proving to be one of the most reliable platforms they have.

try the search function, it works very well. there are many fact based reads there, not the one sided BS you like to post.............:smile2:

Dude. Really.

Niko has been here for years, he throws his opinion around. Deal with it.

He's a good friend to me and many others.....don't like his posts? Use the ignore function.

awesome news Springs, keep us updated. I'll be waitin for that new 261 to replace my 260 pro. BTW i picked up a new 461 yesterday. :msp_smile:

Congrats on the 461 :msp_biggrin:

The more ST posts about how bad the Stihls are, the more I know just how threatened he is by the fact that they are just that much better.

When he quits posting about them, then its probably time to switch..:msp_biggrin:

The 241CM will hit the US prolly very late in 2013 or first of 2014, due to demand elsewhere.

The new "I" series saws (fuel injected) are going to be very simple to work on if they are the same set up as the 500 I Cutoff saw, you talk about instant throttle response, nothing like it exist in chainsaws today, very simple system, easy to diagnois and fix. People are just going to have to remember to pump the primer bulb 5-7 times before starting irregardless if it is a cold or hot start, fantastic set up, can't wait to see it on a saw, doesn't look like it is going to add weigh.

I was messin round with one t'other day here ;) Very impressive lil saw.

The more ST posts about how bad the Stihls are, the more I know just how threatened he is by the fact that they are just that much better.

When he quits posting about them, then its probably time to switch..:msp_biggrin:

NICE POST :msp_scared:

Some times it just amazes me when some one post's about weight of certain brand saw that's it's too heavy then in another thread say adding weight isn't a problem (man do I like saving quotes) :msp_wink:

Dude. Really.

Niko has been here for years, he throws his opinion around. Deal with it.

He's a good friend to me and many others.....don't like his posts? Use the ignore function.
so........i am not allowed to express my opinion? you, of all people here should know that there are a ton of aquaintances' here, and very few true friends. so yeh dude, really. freind or not, if anyone shows up here and trolls like he does, they are dismissed and run off. what does it matter if he has been here for years or not. anyway,back to the non-stihl bashing side of a good thread.:chainsaw:

NICE POST :msp_scared:

Some times it just amazes me when some one post's about weight of certain brand saw that's it's too heavy then in another thread say adding weight isn't a problem (man do I like saving quotes) :msp_wink:
i guess we need to take the high road here and use the ignore function

so........i am not allowed to express my opinion? you, of all people here should know that there are a ton of aquaintances' here, and very few true friends. so yeh dude, really. freind or not, if anyone shows up here and trolls like he does, they are dismissed and run off. what does it matter if he has been here for years or not. anyway,back to the non-stihl bashing side of a good thread.:chainsaw:

Sure you are allowed to express your opinion. Your "tone" is a little harsh though.

55 posts huh? How many of those have been as harsh as the one you pitched at Niko?

Carry on.......I'm just getting tired of people pissing on the old Troll....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back