More m-tronics coming

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At our update seminar we were told that the 261,362,461,201 and more models will be going to the M-tronic set up. NO release dates were discusses. The 261M-tronic is already in late test stages in the field. I think you will see the M-tronic even make it's way down in the farm and ranch saws. It helps meet epa standards and helps protect against some to the crap fuels you see in the market.

Another interesting point of discussion was the folks who are using 87 octane may actually be using 83 or 84 octane fuel after the alcohol evaporates out of the gas. Also the white residue you are seeing in carb screens is a olefin polomyer used in the refining process today, it is creating a waxy residue clogging inlet screens creating lean conditions. If you don't have a ultra sonic you want to make sure to replace the inlet screen on every carb rebuild along with the fuel filter.

Thanks indiansprings for this update on stihls new saws coming out. Keep us up to date if you hear anything else.:msp_thumbup:

I went to a Stihl / Husky dealer some time ago to buy a Husky 460. After spending some time with me, the counter guy advised me that a 353 was a better saw for my purposes. They threw a 20" bar, extra chain and I think oil, and I was out the door.

I admit I wasn't too sure I made the right choice as I never had a chance to research this 353 saw.

Saw Troll was the first to tell me that the dealer had done me a favor, and that I was in possession of a much better, almost pro-grade saw. I learned from his explanation, and felt better about my choice. From there I learned about ditching the CAT muffler, retuning, and now, about 2 years later, I love that saw and it's going strong.

Troll just has no filters when it comes to his saw opinions; he does know a lot about saws, and he tells it like he sees it.

It ain't personal.

I'd buy MT or AT. My requirement is a saw that cranks and runs well. My me it's all about pricing. My Husky dealer will work with me on price. My Stihl dealer is a MSRP kind of guy.
I started buying these AT's because of price and they cut great. I would do the same with Stihl if the situation were reversed. I'm sure the MT's are great saws. :cool2: Now were's that bowl of chili I just nuked? :msp_ohmy:

So this has turned into a Sawtroll hater thread?

I'm outta here......y'all enjoy bashing an Old Norwegian.

Looks like it has, so new and original...:msp_rolleyes:

It doesn't bother me much though - there are quite a few around that don't tolerate a single negative comment about "their brand", regardless how true it is - and immediately shouts "brand bashing"! It just is the way it is.

Looks like it has, so new and original...:msp_rolleyes:

It doesn't bother me much though - there are quite a few around that don't tolerate a single negative comment about "their brand", regardless how true it is - and immediately shouts "brand bashing"! It just is the way it is.

Trolling brand basher is what I would call you. :hmm3grin2orange:

All that's missing here is a bunch of somebodies being called "culls".

nekkid saw pics

And....

HaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!

DC never shows up when ya need him...

Go AHEAD and CUT The DangGum PIANO!!! And get it over with.

this is/was a great thread. i just find it odd when someone posts the usual, trying to stir it up, and then others react, it is such a surprise? it seems here that there are an equal amount on both sides of the fence here. it looks as if @ post #8 it all started to go south. its pretty simple,yes we all are adults, but if the pot does not get stirred, there is no reaction.....and when it does, well, people on both sides go on the defensive. again, just my opinion/nothing personal, just calling it as i see it. sorry if i stepped on anyones toes here.

I trust what I can see, has anyone received any money from him?? Have any members had any fiscal transactions?? I would gladly discard my opinion if I am wrong. I am a very nice guy if things are proven to me. I know Brad,Terry, and Randy are GTG. I haven't met anyone in person die to my business. I am trying, but $$$$$$ talks and specs walk

this is/was a great thread. i just find it odd when someone posts the usual, trying to stir it up, and then others react, it is such a surprise? it seems here that there are an equal amount on both sides of the fence here. it looks as if @ post #8 it all started to go south. its pretty simple,yes we all are adults, but if the pot does not get stirred, there is no reaction.....and when it does, well, people on both sides go on the defensive. again, just my opinion/nothing personal, just calling it as i see it. sorry if i stepped on anyones toes here.

No, yours was personal. You need to apologize. Just calling it like I see it.

I trust what I can see, has anyone received any money from him?? Have any members had any fiscal transactions?? I would gladly discard my opinion if I am wrong. I am a very nice guy if things are proven to me. I know Brad,Terry, and Randy are GTG. I haven't met anyone in person die to my business. I am trying, but $$$$$$ talks and specs walk

Who are you talking about? J/W, since I did'nt understand your post.

Stihls

I thought that I could learn the new things that Stihl was coming out with but instead I find that this is a Saw Troll bashing thread. SUCKS!
So ,having some experience with CAT and their I AM THE ELITE of all diesels and we buy Perkins engines and put our name on them and all of their brand loyalty crap.
I was told once that I must have Ford tatooed to my gludius maximas or something like that.
I like all brands of trucks and cars because they all break and I have always made my living repairing them. I dont know enough about chainsaws.
I come here for the knowledge that EVERYONE has and to have to read through pages of Saw Troll bashing is BULL###T
I am going to be buying a Husqvarna because of the knowledge that was shared here from owners, and users. I have always run Stihls.
So, can you guys please play nice in the sand box so that I can learn something!!!!!!! :mad2:

Who are you talking about? J/W, since I did'nt understand your post.

Saw troll, I have no personal vice, but the almighty dollar or personal contact works real well. Any phone contact?? I am not against anyone but as a new member reading and learning everyone knows everyone. Norway is a long way to dish without any personal contact. I know I might anger some of my friends here, but it gets old without proof. I like proof.

I was on a gun forum for years to find out that the constant flag carrier for one side turned out to be a kid who never owned a single firearm. Unjust wanted everyone to know where I am coming from. He was a member with 25k posts in his bedroom at 15

Saw troll, I have no personal vice, but the almighty dollar or personal contact works real well. Any phone contact?? I am not against anyone but as a new member reading and learning everyone knows everyone. Norway is a long way to dish without any personal contact. I know I might anger some of my friends here, but it gets old without proof. I like proof.

I was on a gun forum for years to find out that the constant flag carrier for one side turned out to be a kid who never owned a single firearm. Unjust wanted everyone to know where I am coming from. He was a member with 25k posts in his bedroom at 15

You got to be out of your mind!:msp_ohmy:

get lost newbie. Seriously.

You bad mouthing an old man who is also a retired Military Veteran is pi$$ing me off. Big Time. Your next post can be an apology.

I still don't understand. Maybe it's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back