more trailer build picts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, i agree. when i build my 1 ton dump hinges i use a digging bar for the hinge. never had a problem and i've built 3. for as heavy as that trailer is and the loads it's gonna see i think you should upgrade those hinges.

They might look kinda weak in the picts but trust me they are not, those pins are 1 1/4"x 13 inch long 4340 and the plates are 1/2" x 3" bolted to the trailer with 4 grade 8 1/2" bolts. I will bet anyone a weeks pay they will tear the back of the trailer out before they break, and that would only be if you were trying to dump on the side of a mountain :rock:

More tailer build picts

Had surgery on my shoulder this spring, just getting back to finishing trailer. Ready for prime and paint, then floor and sides.

Looks like it's coming along nicely. Do you still have students working on it? Nothing better for a welding class
than working on a live project. It gives the students a bit of ownership. "I helped build that."

Latest posts

Back