Morristown NY '09 Race/GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had Don's 3120 out this afternoon, new carb on it. Seems to be working good, here's a vid in some pine.......

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/Troutfisher_photo/?action=view&current=WG3003.flv

attachment.php

I'm very happy to announce that Mr. Lewis Brander has agreed to display some of his collection at Morristown this year!:clap: I stopped at Mr. Brander's home today and was kind enough to show me his collection. I was speechless. Lewis has the most impressive collection of anitque saws I have ever seen. Several which he has restored to mint condition, and I mean museum quality restoration. Here's a link to a thread on Lewis's collection............

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=20830

We will have a log stand set up for Lewis, it will sure be a treat to see those old Malls, David Bradleys, Disstons, Macs, and many others sawing wood. Thank you Lewis!!!:clap::clap:

Old saws:

Yes, it was good to meet Troutfisher. Now I'll spend some time fueling up the old saws and running them. Some haven't been run since last August, but most of them haven't been run for some time. Will be good to cut some wood with some, but mostly plan to just dispaly them. We'll see what happens. Would like to Thank Troutfisher for the invite and help to get them there. Lewis.

Morristown Volunteer Fire Dept.
200 Morris St
Morristown, NY 13664

sign in at 11am, racing starts at noon. You'll see a big water tower from rt 37, the field is behind it. Yes, we're doing axe throw and underhand. You bringing your axes?

Last edited:
Bringing the axes even though I have little practice time on them, and my 034 Super, Husky 2100 and my 3120xp. My girlfriend might be coming along if she feels up to it she's going in for knee surgery July 7th.

Bringing the axes even though I have little practice time on them, and my 034 Super, Husky 2100 and my 3120xp. My girlfriend might be coming along if she feels up to it she's going in for knee surgery July 7th.

That's great! I'm a beginning chopper, so is Boogieman142. Neither of us have ever competed, just training at home, and we're both going to compete with Bailey's axes at Morristown......so this is a great place to start out. Hopefully we can learn something from Chopwood after he kicks our butts:cheers:

That's great! I'm a beginning chopper, so is Boogieman142. Neither of us have ever competed, just training at home, and we're both going to compete with Bailey's axes at Morristown......so this is a great place to start out. Hopefully we can learn something from Chopwood after he kicks our butts:cheers:

:agree2: Yea maybee i can learn something from him like how not to keep hitting my foot.....:givebeer:

Hey guys- I won't be doing any chopping for a while. I broke my left ankle up in Seneterre this weekend. Hopefully I will be back for Boonville, I will see the Ortho doc this week.

Back