Morristown NY '09 Race/GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got an axe in the neck but i'll still be going to compete. That was approx 5 min of my life that i'll never remember as it knocked me out cold as i lyed there and bled. By the way i need an address for lewis so i can help him with some saws if he still needs the help.

Morristown GTG.

Well, haven't been on the puter much lately. My brother is going to drive my truck to the GTG with some saws and along with troutfishers help with his truck and a trailer I hope to bring about 40 saws to display and possibly demonstrate some of them. He told me he had a nice popple log for me to saw on a bit. Just hope the rain holds off. Weather doesn't sound to promising. But I'll be there rain or shine. Will be good to see and meet everyone there. Take care. Lewis Brander.

Boogieman142. Should have enough help to get the saws there. Troutfisher and my brother will be at my house around 9:00 AM to load up and transport saws. Hopefully should have everything set up before parade time. Sure will be glad to finally meet you. Take caer. Lewis.

Last edited:
Hey guys- I won't be doing any chopping for a while. I broke my left ankle up in Seneterre this weekend. Hopefully I will be back for Boonville, I will see the Ortho doc this week.

I was sure hoping you would be there. Bringing the Porter Cable saw to display at the GTG. She is running, but think she's developed a problem in the impulse line to the carb, she's not getting the fuel she needs to run properly. Problem is you have to remove the engine from the frame to do much woek on the carb, but she'll be displayed at the GTG. Hope the ankle heal quickly and you'll be able to get back on it soon. For now you take care. Lewis.

Well, i am going to be following troutfisher up there so i guess i'll be there at 9 also. Redneckwoodsman will be following us also.

As far as the axe goes, that wasn't fun or pretty. Good thing it was with my practice ax. I think redneckwoodsman jinxed me. The ax is red and he made the comment its so that it blends in when its covered with blood, well it does a pretty good job at that as its pretty hard to tell. If it was my good ax then io prolly wouldn't be typing here as the blade is wider and it would have hit my carotid artery then it would be night night. I know that there is some swelling there cause i have been on a like 4-day high. Sometimes i hallucinate and get light-headed and hear stuff that isn't there dunno if thats from that injury or the pre-existing condition tho. I was chopping on my new stand that troutfisher helped me build and once i seperated the block the dogged eng let go and i started doing this split number so i used the axe to try and catch myself on the ground but the ax slipped and i fell on it. that was freaky. I've since made a few modifications to the stand so it will hopefully hold better, seems to be doing ok. then again this stand was meant for holding 8x8 square wood and i had a great big ol piece of round hardwood on it. But hey i live to see another block of wood. Sad thing is after i did that i chopped thru 2 more blocks that same day.

We brought up the log stands, barriers, got the axe target set up, got Lewis's log set up, got the wood piled on a pallet so we can move it to the field with a forklift, helped get a bar cut down, talked to the announcer....he's all set to go, now to find all my gear and get the car loaded up.........:dizzy: LET'S GO RACIN!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

I hope you guys are taking pictures, I'm sitting on the couch at my girlfriends house being her man servant. I'm not up there because she had surgery on her knee Thursday and I'm taking care of her for the next couple days, until she can get up and around better. She was suppose to have it on the surgery on Tuesday the 7th, but got switched and I'm missing out on fun, but I guess I'll win the boyfriend of the year award.

We had a great day, the rain held off and we had a good crowd. Lewis's saws were a big hit..........

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back