Motor fan for 511A grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpapuga

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I purchased a used 511A chain grinder and the plastic cooling fan for the motor is busted. Oregon does not sell this as a separate item, any ideas on where to find a replacement? Efco has the same grinder but I don't know about replacements for the fan, I can't locate their parts breakdown.
How about Stihl? the USG shows a separate part number, does anyone know if they are compatible? Thanks.
Mark

No, I checked a few 15 year old catalogs, have to buy the whole motor
from Oregon, I will ask around next month at the Expo in Louisville, I'll
see what I can find. My grinder will eventually need parts too.

Been there, done this.

Take what is left of your fan to a computer store or Radio shack. Get a comparable size fan for cooling a PC. open up (carefully) the mounting hole, fresh super glue, no problem in two years.

Take what is left of your fan to a computer store or Radio shack. Get a comparable size fan for cooling a PC. open up (carefully) the mounting hole, fresh super glue, no problem in two years.

I guess if you didn't want to do that you could just get creative and attach a fan like that to the original fan shroud. That would work good. It probably doesn't need allot of air.

I thought about installing a computer type fan on it but was hoping to just find a match that will fit under the end cap. I'll check the electronic stores and see if I can come up with something. Thanks for the suggestions.

Check the surplus stores on-line... One I deal with lists dozens of fans.

But first, as suggeted earlier, talk to an electric motor shop - there are many than can fit, and most shops have piles of dead motors.

Post the measurements and a pic. I might even have one lying around here.

lolol - good point... if Grizzly has one, the part will be listed.

Hey, since when did dead Chinese make knockoffs :monkey:

Back