moving indoor woodboiler outdoors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steviep

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I had an indoor wood boiler given to me and have been thinking of making a shed for it and putting the woodboiler in the shed. Has anyone done this before , how efficiant is doing this. I don't really want to hook it up to my excisting chimney, plus I have a chance to get at least one grapple load of pine a year from a friend who takes down trees for a living. Along with 6 cords of hardwood and 3 cords of hardwood slaps I think I will have enough wood for the year. I would install a regular outdoor boiler but the price tag is beyond my walet at the present time.

I have seen it done. It seems like it would be a good idea. The only thing would be with the smaller firebox, wood would need to be added more offen. This could not even be a problem, I don't know just off the top of my head.

Use good lines under ground. You can loose a lot of heat it they are not insulated good.

I have my OWB inside a shed. I love it.

Go for it!:clap: :clap:

One thing to consider is that this is likely a closed/pressurized boiler. I believe most OWBs are vented to the atmosphere and do not build pressure. This may be a factor when running PEX or equivalent to your house.

One thing to consider is that this is likely a closed/pressurized boiler. I believe most OWBs are vented to the atmosphere and do not build pressure. This may be a factor when running PEX or equivalent to your house.

the right PEX will take 200psi @180f.....just run an overseized relief to the out side with as few 90's as you can...

Most PEX conforms to ASTM F876a and is rated 100 PSI @ 180*, 80PSI @ 210" which is still pretty good but it is not copper. I am not sure what PEX you are referring to?

I have my aquatherm in outside building which is just a little larger than the stove . works good and with a little aluminum or steel roofing looks and works as good as the spendy ones. 6" fiberglas in the walls and roof.

it was after seeing an aqua therm that was set up like that , that gave me the Idea to try it. I figure if it doesn't work at least all of the pipe and hookups will be there to hook up a factory built owb. Next I have to start digging a trench so I can put my pipe in. How big of a shed did you build for your Aqua-Therm.

my shed is 4' x 7' with a door on each end. feed thru one end and all plumbing and electrical on other end. floor is 2' foam and 1 1/8" plywood screwed well to 2 heavy duty pallets. if i want to move it elsewhere, all i have to do is split 2 unions and one wire splice and i'm ready to move. do like my aqua-therm !

Latest posts

Back