Moving Up....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djb6582

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all.... Ive been working part time for the past 3yrs for a small company as a ground man.... Im finally moving up and am learning how to climb... The boss uses a 200t and preaches it like ive seen most do on hear. 600 is a little out of my price range and ive been looking a the 192t but hear it lacks in power.. Is there any other decent saws out there that have a lot of bang for there buck? eventually ill get the 200 but for now beggers cant be choosers, any insight would be appreciated.. Was looking at the Tanaka TCS-3401S but havent seen any reviews on it so im guessing its out but looks good on paper....

i love my echo cs341, im a minority tho in preferring that saw in the tree
it has power about on par with a 192, but to be honest i almost never find myself wishing i had "more power" out of that saw
i love the way its set up and the things it allows me to do that simply are not possible with the 200t
its super comfortable and although i have one at my disposal i choose not to bring a 200t into the tree, ever, i recently had mine in for service and rather then climb with a 200t i simply bought another one
if i need a bigger saw i go rear handle husky 350 or bigger if need be
no top handle saw holds a candle to a 200t when it comes to power however
i have a buddy who uses a husqvarna t435 which hes come to prefer over his 192, he too dislikes the 200t due to its weight, i simply dislike the design
all i can tell you personally about the t435 is i like the way it feels and its loud
if you want a 200t tho, better hurry, im hearing theyre going out of production
but echo did that with the cs341 for a while too and then they brought it back, i imagine enough people like me, simply prefer that design

Last edited:
Thanks Troy, Im looking at it now.. Quick question what size bar are you using on it?

Have a friend whos running the 300t but not to impressed with it..

Last edited:
14" comes standard, thats what i run, bigger cuts, if its only one, i make due, if its several, i get a bigger saw

i wasnt impressed with the new echo designs either, if i want one designed like a stihl ill use a stihl
i went to some pretty fantastic lengths to replace my then cs3400 when they were discontinued with another
im not hearing good things about them from people who own them either
maybe another reason why they brought the old design back

Jonsered makes a really nice 39cc top handle saw. Priced like a 192T, built like a 200T.

Try a good sharp Silky out for size. They are quiet, great on fuel, light, make very fast cuts, they are cheap and when limbing fir trees can be even faster than a chainsaw! I raced my ground man up two almost identical fir trees he with a ms 200t and me with a silky. I kicked his ars with enough time to lop the top off. Oh and yes the MS 200T's are quickly being bought out so if you want to own a piece of chainsaw history best borrow some green from mommy or daddy or work the streets if need be.

The silky saws are very quick. Mine is always on my saddle and gets more use than I ever would have thought before I bought one.

Well I ended up with the MS 192tc and so far im impressed. Thanks for all the advise.... Now looking at Getting the MS 261, And the Silky is on my list as well.

Latest posts

Back