Ms 192 tc weird stalling after running

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to check the basics and simple stuff first. No air in, no fuel out.
Got to check the basics and simple stuff first. No air in, no fuel out.
Well I thought the issue was simple but just ran a compression test it held at 30.
Too low so I took the piston and cylinder out but no real visible scoring here are the pics. What else could cause low compression?

Attachments

• 20240115_114536.jpg
    20240115_114536.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240115_114818.jpg
    20240115_114818.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240115_114752.jpg
    20240115_114752.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240115_114707.jpg
    20240115_114707.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Well I thought the issue was simple but just ran a compression test it held at 30.
Too low so I took the piston and cylinder out but no real visible scoring here are the pics. What else could cause low compression?
Using a compression tester that is not designed for small displacement engines!

Using a compression tester that is not designed for small displacement engines!
Lol this is why I ask you guys I'm just delving into small engine repair I've never had to go past the carb to fix anything.
Yep my ms250 that runs well is also 30.. 😅

OP now cross-check that gauge on a known good saw.
I just don't know what to do at this point probably sell it, nothing I've tried has fixed it and I've spend 100 in parts. Now I am just getting angry with it.
Ignition coil, spark plugs, new carb , Fuel filter, gas, no scoring, gas cap off or on doesn't run so can't be the breather right?

I just don't know what to do at this point probably sell it, nothing I've tried has fixed it and I've spend 100 in parts. Now I am just getting angry with it.
Ignition coil, spark plugs, new carb , Fuel filter, gas, no scoring, gas cap off or on doesn't run so can't be the breather right?
OEM parts of China junk?

OEM parts of China junk?
Possibly they are Amazon parts.
But begs the question now which ones.
Now I can barely get it to start for 5 secs before it dies then It will not start after that.
Should I suspect the ignition coil since I cleaned the og carb with with no success and tried 1 other

Did it stay up when held by the starter handle? I rarely use a gauge for the reason stated about not being for a small engine.

Back