MS 200T - Another Carb and Idle Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem submerged. Wiggle all areas that could leak.

Pressurized it again and wiggled it on my bench by the flywheel and clutch side and pulled in/out, up/down on them. At first the gauge was dropping but I’m not convinced it wasn’t user error on my part or the angle of the motor and my hand putting pressure on the test lines. So I Redid it with the motor in a different position on the bench and the gauge did not move at all.

then I made it go for a swim in my slop sink. Zero bubbles from impulse, behind flywheel or behind clutch. Only bubbles I saw when I turned it a certain angle were coming from the grommet where the black wire comes out on the base. The gauge held steady pressure while under water and while wiggling things around under water.
It’s been ten minutes later and it’s still at the same pressure sitting back on the bench.

Pressurized it again and wiggled it on my bench by the flywheel and clutch side and pulled in/out, up/down on them. At first the gauge was dropping but I’m not convinced it wasn’t user error on my part or the angle of the motor and my hand putting pressure on the test lines. So I Redid it with the motor in a different position on the bench and the gauge did not move at all.

then I made it go for a swim in my slop sink. Zero bubbles from impulse, behind flywheel or behind clutch. Only bubbles I saw when I turned it a certain angle were coming from the grommet where the black wire comes out on the base. The gauge held steady pressure while under water and while wiggling things around under water.
It’s been ten minutes later and it’s still at the same pressure sitting back on the bench.
Great news there, the bubbles by the grommet are normal guess the new carb will do the trick. When will you have the carb?

Sounds good.

new carb and she runs perfect! The dealer did say today that those accelerator pumps can also leak air too when they go bad and cause that issue. But still good to know what the cylinder looks like and that all the pressure tests were good. It’s peace of mind plus the swim definitely cleaned the saw up. Ha!

thanks for all the help!!!!

Attachments

• E85D0188-6960-4E4F-9F96-2B5AFE907255.jpeg
    E85D0188-6960-4E4F-9F96-2B5AFE907255.jpeg
    256.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 85450395-5EBB-4E42-A9C9-1C8A26F18F14.jpeg
    85450395-5EBB-4E42-A9C9-1C8A26F18F14.jpeg
    271.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 54A4A252-2314-4FA9-8F89-1AE67F3AC1FF.jpeg
    54A4A252-2314-4FA9-8F89-1AE67F3AC1FF.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 2
new carb and she runs perfect! The dealer did say today that those accelerator pumps can also leak air too when they go bad and cause that issue. But still good to know what the cylinder looks like and that all the pressure tests were good. It’s peace of mind plus the swim definitely cleaned the saw up. Ha!

thanks for all the help!!!!
Run it like you stole it!:clap:

Latest posts

Back