MS 200T help?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VT-Woodchuck

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just picked up a 200t from ebay :clap: and it needs a new fuel tank. Serial # 154181343 - can anyone tell me if this takes the new style tank or the old style?
TIA

Both will fit, bolt holes are the same, difference is the tank vent but stihl sells an upgrade kit and the fuel caps. Have seen plenty with mismatched caps. I read on here that the hole for the crankcase vent line should be opened up on the older tanks also, use a file, not a big deal.

Last edited:
Open tank vent with a file?.. nooooooo..... you might have to file a small part of the inside handle plastic away for the newer style vent (two newer types... depending on the handle you have)... but never the tank...

You are probably going to have to buy a new tank - used tanks are rarer than hen's teeth, so you'll get the new style caps anyhow.

Last edited:
My bad, meant to say hole in tank for crankcase pulse line it has a sharp angle and the newer tanks have a little more room for the pulse line to go through, sorry.

Thanks, guys. I found one on ebay and took my chances. Half the price of a new one, so we'll see. If it doesn't work, you'll hear from me yet again:cry:

Latest posts

Back