MS 201t vs T540 XP candid review

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bootboy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Reg Coates doing and honest review of the 201 and the 540.

I laughed pretty good. His sense of humor cracks me up.

Wrong again. Reg had that saw ported. And he, a good friiend, is more experienced and a better arborist than 99% of the climbers out there. As am I. 40 years in the biz and going strong will attest to that, as well as my reputation..

Franny K said: ↑
“That isn't an honest review. That Stihl did pretty good all things considered I wanted to see the same test on the other one.
rbtree said:You would be wrong. Reg has had that 201 for a couple years, and it received the same treatment that Brad gives them.

I suppose you have a point I was thinking more on the line of an honest comparison like consumer reports or the like, however let me go a bit farther and see how the honest factor checks out.

Just from memory from watching it once, He states two years ago he had no other choice but to get the Stihl he is waving around in the video. Is that honest, is the husky 338 new edition so bad that it wasn't an option (same or worse comparison would be inferred) or where does he reside or mail order is not possible.

I have quoted above a statement that the 201 in the video in has had the same sort of mods that Brad does. Well from what I recall his idea of a mod is to run over it with the rear wheel of an empty pickup truck with some sort of fancy rim, fancy to me. He states it now runs better how honest is that?

I would suspect being in the business for 40 years you appreciate how good things are now as far as tools for your arborist buisness compared to prior. What was so bad about that stihl hard starting, stalling out or what? This is arborist site what does an arborist around here mean, how much college level plant science or comparable? If you want to start saying better than 99% I am thinking saving distressed trees or the like. That stuff I doubt what hand held two cycle tool matters much.

I don't know, that was pretty damn funny! I think the saw held up pretty good considering it had a truck parked on it.

I think more saw builders should add that test to the list. How about this, they can get a saw, mod it however they see fit, drop it out of a tree from 40', run it over with a truck, then see how fast it can cut cookies.

Really though, I would've been glad to take it off his hands. It must've been an alright saw if it lasted 2 years with that kind of abuse.

anyone who is dumb enough to run over a 600.00 chainsaw, and make a video of it, is an idiot. i guess we will see how the new husky holds up in two years as well. we can only hope it is as reliable as the 562/550xp models.

Wrong again. Reg had that saw ported. And he, a good friiend, is more experienced and a better arborist than 99% of the climbers out there. As am I. 40 years in the biz and going strong will attest to that, as well as my reputation.

Very nice to see you posting again! :D

Back