MS 260 Carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickelmore

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I am about to start a rebuild of a MS260 and after reading a bit of stuff around hear I checked out the saw a little more today.

I found that it does have an adjustable oiler.

The carb apprears to only have a "L" adjustment, there may be another adjustment above that but the saw is still dirty so I could not tell.

I read that there may be a better adjustable carb available, what is the model number?

Can the housing be modified to adjust he carb from the outside of the case?

Thanks

i was gonna say the 426 also but it doesn't have as much adjustability as the 194 so i didn't go into it.

what kinda 026 goodies do you have if any Brad? i know i wanna get another p/c from ya soon but not till after the holidays now.

Thanks for the Link

I always try to buy my stuff from a sponsor here, thanks.

Do you just sort of guess where to drill holes to access the adjustments or is there a dust shield like on ms360 that will work?

Thanks

OK I will hit the search funtion

I can see doing the upgrade and there is a ton of reccomendations out there.

I will see if I can wade through the stuff to see how to modify the housing for the 194 carb.

I am about to start a rebuild of a MS260 and after reading a bit of stuff around hear I checked out the saw a little more today.

I found that it does have an adjustable oiler.

The carb apprears to only have a "L" adjustment, there may be another adjustment above that but the saw is still dirty so I could not tell.

I read that there may be a better adjustable carb available, what is the model number?

Can the housing be modified to adjust he carb from the outside of the case?

Thanks

The saw housing does not need to be modified to use the fully adjustable carburetor. All you need is the new grommet that fits over the H & L screws. The Walbro WT194 is the carb you want.

The saw housing does not need to be modified to use the fully adjustable carburetor. All you need is the new grommet that fits over the H & L screws. The Walbro WT194 is the carb you want.

Nah, you have to drill out the plastic too. It has pre molded holes, they're just not drilled all the way through. Easy-2-do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandy14

Nah, you have to drill out the plastic too. It has pre molded holes, they're just not drilled all the way through. Easy-2-do.

Thanks, i will look at the saw a little closer when it gets on the bench, busy gathering parts for it and a ms360.

With deer season comming up i think the 260 will have to wait a few weeks.

Thanks,

Latest posts

Back