ms 290 clutch drum...same as ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

da new feller

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
i need to find a clutch drum today for my ms290, anyone know what other saws have the same clutch drum as the ms290? the local "dealer" told me,
"the only clutch drum that fits the ms290.... is the clutch drum for the
ms290. i can order you a new one and can have it here in 4-5 days". seeing how he had this information right off the top of his head and didn't bother even looking on the computer or a book, i think he's full off :censored: and
wanted me to buy a new one from him and not find a used one today. i forgot, he was also willing to rent me a saw until the drum he wanted to order
came in. what a :censored: . i felt like :buttkick: . i bet my size 11 would interchange w/ his :censored: ........ what a jerk.

thanks

Clutch drum for ms290 (either in .325 or 3/8) is same as for 029, 034,036, 039, 360,390, 034 Super, 310.

The Rim Assembly part you want is STI 1125-007-1041. $ 33.39 Unlike the one your dealer wants to give you it has the more desirable large bearing. Been there done that . As I recall it was used on the 038. You will most likely have to file the backside of the washer flat & polish with 220 . If the C clip is still to tight to get on then take a little off outside of the the rim . After mocking it up a new C clip is in order. :chainsaw:

The -1041 kit should not require any adjustment of the washer, and comes with a new washer and clip.

The spur version is about $20.

Last edited:
Back