ms 290 problems???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well guys i changed out the carb from my brothers 290 and it does the same thing,put it back on my brothers saw and it still ran great,but one thing i did notice was that my saw would run great and just quit and then i would pull the rope a few times and then pull the plug and it would be wet,i would ck the spark and it checked good,i am now kinda looking at the coil for an intermittent issue ,i kinda got irritated and set it aside for now!:mad:

well guys i changed out the carb from my brothers 290 and it does the same thing,put it back on my brothers saw and it still ran great,but one thing i did notice was that my saw would run great and just quit and then i would pull the rope a few times and then pull the plug and it would be wet,i would ck the spark and it checked good,i am now kinda looking at the coil for an intermittent issue ,i kinda got irritated and set it aside for now!:mad:

Still trying to think this one out!!!!! The correct thought is likely here, if you can go through this post again, clearly...........

Still trying to think this one out!!!!! The correct thought is likely here, if you can go through this post again, clearly...........
well i ordered another coil and tore in to the 290 again,it all looked good until i slid the grommet down on the wire and found the problem pic included but it might take me another year to figure this pic downloading out,replaced the coil and she runs great as far as ms290's run,thanks for the help guys!:biggrin:

Thanks for following up with this thread. I'm glad you found the problem and got it resolved.

Hey, BTW, what are those other saws on the floor in your pic?

Latest posts

Back