ms 310 carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dana60

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have an ms310 that i did a muffler mod on similiar to one i saw on this forum. I took the screen out and drilled a 5/16 hole behind the deflector and i like the results. My question is what should be the max rpm for this saw and do i have to put limiter caps back in or can i just not use any. I have the rpms set around 12,500 is this right. I'm having a hard time setting the low speed at 2800 rpm but its relatively close and i hope its not critical. Also is this all i had to do to the carb after the muffler mod just turn the rpms down (richen the mixture)?
Thanks

Ignore the L "rpm". Just set the L so the saw accelerates smoothly cold and and does not stumble at idle when hot. Then turn up LA so it idles well and the clutch does not engage.

Put your limiter caps back in, but slice the stop tab off the side first.

Last edited:
do the limiter caps keep the screws from adjusting. I kinda messed one up trying to get it out but i'll try to get it back in. Also any idea what the max rpm should be? Thanks again

The limiter caps do assist in keeping the screws in place -they have no springs. Just buy new caps - only 50 cents each.

Max WOT rpm on the 310 is 13,000

49 cents.....................................................

$5.00 shipping here.

I give a discount on the second one...............................

thanks for the help i will put the caps on and turn the rpms up a hair.

Latest posts

Back