MS-361 was stolen.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED-85-Z51

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Aint this some crap?

That MS-361 with the 25" bar my client brought to me to check out and get running right last week, it had low compression at 110 psi, but I got the flu before I could call him and tell him what was wrong with it. He calls me all upset on Saturday, wanting to make sure I hadnt done anything to the saw yet. The police were at his shop, he bought a truck bed full of stolen equipment, with the 361 being a part of that lot.

2 Gens, 2 saws, 1 trimmer, 3 Demolition saws, and some hand power tools...

OH well...it was worked over anyways, piston looked...so so, cylinder looked so so at best, so it was well used.

The police told him this has been a real problem recently. People troll around parking lots at HOme Depot, and COmmercial supply warehouses like that...when the coast is clear they look for contractors trucks with stuff in the back and jack it. Then haul it all to a pawn shop, or a place like my clients, where he buys and sells used equipment all day long...turns the stolen goods into cash, and off they go.

So did he get busted for receiving/fencing stolen goods?

No. HE was able to get back everything he bought from the guy.

What I understood was the police caught the guy stealing something and asked him where he was selling it, and my clients shop was on the list of places he had been. When the police got there, they asked him for his invoice if what he bought from who in the past week..they then asked him to produce the items in question, he had I think everything on hand except the saw that I had for repair, and a generator he had sold. He was able to get the generator back however.

The police pretty much just said to call them anytime someone comes in with a truckbed full of used equipment, and doesnt seem to care what you offer them for it.

361s don't cure the flu? :monkey:

Apparenly not at 110psi..they just dont make enough divine miracle power. I started feeling bad last saturday, I was semi-conscious on Wenesday. Im still hacking up orange stuff and my chest is on fire, strength is coming back though.

Cancer---They wouldn't lower themselves to dealing with something silly like the flu. :cheers:

I wonder...If I was diagnosed with testicular cancer, and I ran an MS-361 over my package...would the divine miracle power remove the problem, or the chain?

361's are going to be the Honda Accords of stolen saws!!!

haha, around here you can park your accord on the side of the road, with the keys in the iginition, open title taped to the window and a FREE sign on the rear window, and count on it being there when you come back the next day...

Now, Oldmobiles, those can disappear from your driveway in the middle of the day...:dizzy:

haha, around here you can park your accord on the side of the road, with the keys in the iginition, open title taped to the window and a FREE sign on the rear window, and count on it being there when you come back the next day...

Now, Oldmobiles, those can disappear from your driveway in the middle of the day...:dizzy:

I take it that you do not live in Oakland, CA, eh?

The Police gave it back to the guy that bought the stolen goods?

I guess your Police have different rules to out there. Here it gets held for evidence (months to years) and then sold at auction if they can't match the owner... (which they can if they file a report, or it was registered which 99% are.).

The Police gave it back to the guy that bought the stolen goods?

I guess your Police have different rules to out there. Here it gets held for evidence (months to years) and then sold at auction if they can't match the owner... (which they can if they file a report, or it was registered which 99% are.).

No they knew who the owner was, my guess is all the stuff had been reported stolen. Police around here are fairly efficient. If they know who stole it, and they know who was stolen from, and they know where the stuff is, they do their paperwork, return the goods, and incarcerate the scum bag.

I mean, Id write off a stolen poulan or a trimmer as bad luck...

But if someone steals 2 gens, and some high dollar items, Im going to the police on that one.

Besides, i know if they try to start the poulan, they are probably going to hurt themselves, so its kinda...silent justice..right?

No they knew who the owner was, my guess is all the stuff had been reported stolen. Police around here are fairly efficient. If they know who stole it, and they know who was stolen from, and they know where the stuff is, they do their paperwork, return the goods, and incarcerate the scum bag.

I mean, Id write off a stolen poulan or a trimmer as bad luck...

But if someone steals 2 gens, and some high dollar items, Im going to the police on that one.

Besides, i know if they try to start the poulan, they are probably going to hurt themselves, so its kinda...silent justice..right?

***yawns***

Aint this some crap?

That MS-361 with the 25" bar my client brought to me to check out and get running right last week, it had low compression at 110 psi, but I got the flu before I could call him and tell him what was wrong with it. He calls me all upset on Saturday, wanting to make sure I hadnt done anything to the saw yet. The police were at his shop, he bought a truck bed full of stolen equipment, with the 361 being a part of that lot.

2 Gens, 2 saws, 1 trimmer, 3 Demolition saws, and some hand power tools...

OH well...it was worked over anyways, piston looked...so so, cylinder looked so so at best, so it was well used.

The police told him this has been a real problem recently. People troll around parking lots at HOme Depot, and COmmercial supply warehouses like that...when the coast is clear they look for contractors trucks with stuff in the back and jack it. Then haul it all to a pawn shop, or a place like my clients, where he buys and sells used equipment all day long...turns the stolen goods into cash, and off they go.

LOL
I misread your post.
I read it as his saw was stolen from your place and he bought it back, along with other some other stolen goods.

:monkey:

Haha, around here you can park your accord on the side of the road, with the keys in the iginition, open title taped to the window and a FREE sign on the rear window, and count on it being there when you come back the next day...

Accords and Oldsmobiles are out.... Lincoln Navigators with 22" rims are IN....

I wonder...If I was diagnosed with testicular cancer, and I ran an MS-361 over my package...would the divine miracle power remove the problem, or the chain?

If you do, just make sure you have your chaps on. (The 361 needs to be running in order for its mo-jo to work). It would really be painful if you had a 59 cc vasectomy.

Back