MS 362 Dual Dog Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justlearning

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had installed Stihl p/n 1135-650-7750, the dual dog/ chain roller kit available for the MS 361 on a 362 yet? ($33.14 at my dealer)

I emailed the Men in Orange to see whether this part would fit the new saws, and Mark O. indicated that it would fit, but that I would have to change the sprocket cover to Stihl p/n 1135-640-1704, which my local dealer quoted at 80.43.

Any knowledge about whether I actually need to change the sprocket cover to install the kit would be appreciated!! $110 is a lot to spend for a better chain catcher/ dog setup.

Btw, to save many posts about how the single dog and stock chain catcher are just fine, and I shouldn't try and look like a west coast logger, I'll add the following:
I have used this saw for a few months now and have had quite a bit of difficulty getting the dog to bite when cutting larger trees with thick bark. It seems that the muffler is always in contact with the bark before the dogs get close. Using a saw is infinitely easier with the dogs engaged, and safer. I'm seeking the cheapest way to create that engagement.

I'm hoping to go leave :looser: behind and move closer to being :chainsawguy: like the rest of you!

I don't have a pic, but I have it on my 361. I have the stock clutch cover and they lined up with the catcher fine. They are WAY more useful than the stock inner.

Jeff,

Thanks for your reply.

I knew that the dogs worked on the 361 without sprocket cover modification, and was surprised the kit would require a different cover for the 362.

Anyone know what the difference between the stock 362's cover and p/n 1135-640-1704 is?

daul dogs

I also put the kit on my 362 and no mods to any parts to make it fit. I am not a logger full time but i like the way i can cut stumps flush with it.

Latest posts

Back