MS 441, any ideas or tricks?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihl.logger

Desendant of Buyan origin
Reaction score
I got a pretty good deal on a new MS441 a couple weeks ago, it runs great, but the new has worn off and it's time to start tinkering with it. looking for some ideas or somebody with some experience with one.....

porting is def. on the top of the list, just kinda riding the fence as to what exhaust to go with...anybody ever heard of or had one of those "Walkerized" exhaust? other than the fact that i like the looks of it i haven't heard much about them. otherwise gonna go with roostersgt's suggestion and the old standby of bailey's.
I can't really compare the 441 to my 460 tho cuz the 460 is rockin' a big bore kit and port job.

Fishercat... i do have a 372xp, it works great!!! best paperwieght i've ever had!!! :hmm3grin2orange:

Tree'Slingr is a member here. I believe he is in Northern California. He makes a living with a saw. He has some vids on Youtube as well although I forget his user name. You can send him a PM here at AS.

Tree'Slingr is a member here. I believe he is in Northern California. He makes a living with a saw. He has some vids on Youtube as well although I forget his user name. You can send him a PM here at AS.

thanks for the help! i'll check him out!... any idea on pricing?

lol, i hear ya! my oak market has pretty much crashed for the past six months, and now that the veneer market is into the slow season i've been having to do more tree removal jobs than i would like to keep my head above water!!! but i always seem to find a few extra bucks to be able to "improve" a saw or two!!!

No way would I take a good OEM topend off and replace with a BB. The 441 responds very well to porting. I've done a couple with great results.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MdVAcXBIHSg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yes they do respond well to being Snellerized ! and with the wrap, wide clutch cover and big dogs they look very well.

You mean something like this?:)

1223942814_Ctszy-M.jpg

Thats the pic Brad ! it's just outside in the jeep and I almost want to go and give it a hug ! it's not that clean anymore but just as pretty.

No way would I take a good OEM topend off and replace with a BB. The 441 responds very well to porting. I've done a couple with great results.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MdVAcXBIHSg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i'm liking what i see! i've heard of people running up to 36" bars on these, tho i am kinda skeptical about that, i don't want to be trashing seals and cranks anytime in the near future. do you think it would hold up to a bigger bar? i have plenty of big saws but lugging them around 12 hours a day for years on end is starting to get old, so i am looking for a lighter solution to the problem with compreble torq and hp.

Back