ms180 or ms230?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 180 cuts as fast, if not a little faster than my 024, is lighter too, but i know is cheaper made, i don't need reminding. Like everthing, it has its faults, no saw is perfect.
Its a pity ronco got a bad one, the causes of that are unknown, but it happens with all stuff. Some people it happens to on a more regular basis. :)

Spitzer My 180 cuts as fast, if not a little faster than my 024, is lighter too, but i know is cheaper made, i don't need reminding. Like everthing, it has its faults, no saw is perfect.
Its a pity ronco got a bad one, the causes of that are unknown, but it happens with all stuff. Some people it happens to on a more regular basis.

Sorry,,was not trying to single you out to "remind" you of anything..
i think the 180 is a pretty fair made saw,not "that" cheaply made..
mine has been in use for 6 years now without a problem.( except the chain adjuster ).not used as much now but still used..
it is just for the price,performance and size and weight i wouldnt recomend it.
the pix in post #28 bear out the size and weight issue.

troll what's so much better about the 211 compared to the 230??:confused:

Just a much better design. The antivibe on these small saws really doesn't make a difference imo but the 211 uses springs. It has plenty of power to pull the 16" 3/8 Picco b&c, sips fuel, burns super clean, and has a killer air filter system. Stihl got this one right!:bowdown: Only thing I didn't like was the break in time, took about 18-20 tanks to come alive.

Back