MS180c Problem... Fixed Thanks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I need a carb after all. What was the fully adjustable carb that works on this saw?

The carb is a WT215 ...they should be under $30 from your dealer. Do a search with the term "wt 215" and you will find a bunch of threads on this conversion.

I picked up a wt215. I see the brass plug that needs to be pulled. The top hole is a blind, doesn't go anywhere. There's a different hole off to the side, does that need plugged? What's the easiest way to pull the brass plug? How do i hook up the throttle linkage? It doesn't fit through the hole where it goes. The old threads are missing all the pics.

Ok, I figured it out. I popped out the plug from the inside. While I was in there I figured out what hole needed the jb weld. I cut the hook on the throttle linkage a little shorter. I bent the linkage tawords the engine slightly to avoid having to add a screw behind it, I have full travel now. I plugged the now vacant hole in the air filter housing. I bent the loovers out with a screw driver.

What is the recommendation for the holes in the muffler? Leave them stock or drill them bigger? If bigger how many and what size?

Thanks for all the help so far. l'm sure I'll have more questions.

I started this little saw over my lunch today. A little hard to start at first, had to get the fuel into the new WT215 carb. Holy Crap! Man does this little thing run now...WOW! I have it tuned at 1 1/4 turns low and 1 turn high. I probably need to fine tune it a bit, but this is a good starting spot. It starts easy, it has a smooth rev, and holds solid. I really need to get it in some wood and see how it cuts. It should make a really good limb saw/camp saw. I was beginning to doubt this saw was going to be worth the investment, but that doubt is all gone now.

Thanks for all the help.

Latest posts

Back