Ms200t and an 034

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Affordabletree

Affordabletree

ArboristSite Operative
I have the opportunity to get a Stihl ms200t and an 034 both have really good compression and the 200 starts on second pull the 034 starts on the fourth. The guy is asking $500 for the pair. The 200 has a 12" bar and chain the 034 does not have a bar or chain. Is this a good price for the two saws?

lone wolf
I have the opportunity to get a Stihl ms200t and an 034 both have really good compression and the 200 starts on second pull the 034 starts on the fourth. The guy is asking $500 for the pair. The 200 has a 12" bar and chain the 034 does not have a bar or chain. Is this a good price for the two saws?

Do you need the 034 if not i would just get the MS200T.

mikewhite85

mikewhite85

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
That's a great deal. I would go for it if both saws are in good condition. 034 has got to be pretty old though. The big saws do seem to last.

I don't understand the hype over the 200t's. A $50 mod (removing limiter, boring hole in muffler, and adjusting carb) on the 201t makes it even better than its predecessor.

richard t

richard t

ArboristSite Operative
That's a great deal. I would go for it if both saws are in good condition. 034 has got to be pretty old though. The big saws do seem to last.

I don't understand the hype over the 200t's. A $50 mod (removing limiter, boring hole in muffler, and adjusting carb) on the 201t makes it even better than its predecessor.

The 200t is a good saw but I'd never give the price they are asking on ebay for them. Every once in a while I'll find one for sale local if the money's right and I'm not broke I'll buy it.

ROPECLIMBER

ROPECLIMBER

ArboristSite Operative
San Antonio with seasonal work in Carbondale Color
I run both thoughs saws my 034 is a '89 model was 575 back then and my 200T is almost 2 years old was 599 plus tax, the 34 has the same bore and stroke as a 360 and is lighter great for blocking down medium removals and it runs .325 chain so can handel a 20'bar, if that deal was in Texas and they could prove ownership I would jump on it.
Paul

mburnsny

mburnsny

ArboristSite Lurker
Yeah, I don't think that's really that good of a deal. I think you should pass on the offer, and then pass along his contact info to me so I can 'investigate' :msp_rolleyes:

Kidding...I'd go for that in a heartbeat. Even if you didn't need the 034, sell that and keep the 200t. :chainsawguy:

Affordabletree

Affordabletree

ArboristSite Operative
I just picked up the saws this morning and I am glad I did. They both run great and I figure you can't have to many chainsaws so I will keep both of the saws. Thanks for all of the replies I appreciate it.

deevo

deevo

Addicted to ArboristSite

Latest posts