Ms200t info needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieselram

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I there any differences between a California model and a regular one? I have a well used one and it doesn't run that great. It idols(it will stall if you let it) and it runs on top but getting it there is another thing. You have to keep hitting the throttle to get it past the mid area. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks

sounds like ur carb either needs to be adjusted or cleaned... maybe the fuel filter too... worse case would be a leak of some sort...

To my knowledge there is only one version of the 200t in the states.

so start w the basics...

Clean or replace fuel filter
Check fuel line for holes
check impulse line for holes
run some sea foam through the saw when running
reset carb to factory defaults then adjust it from there.

:cheers::deadhorse::cheers:

They are known to have carb issues due to a faulty accelerator pump I believe. Plenty of info here in the archives regarding the carbs on 200t's. Probably wouldn't hurt to try setting the carb adjustment screws to 1 turn out from lightly seated and see what that gets ya. A few other common issues are the impulse line coming loose from the nipple on the handle, and the wiring on the front of the handle by the av mount.

On a used 200 it's well worth whipping off the muffler and splitting apart it's two halves for a clear-out too, when it's clogged in there you'll feel that extra kick of power return after scraping out all the old carbon build-up. And if the engine is pretty tired, a new set of rings is always good value, doesn't take much to throw a new set in, no need to hone the cylinder or anything either, the new stihl rings bed themselves in nicely. I usually get a new set of crank seals to go with them too. The 200T bakelite seals are tricky to tap in though, gotta be super-careful not to break them as they're brittle little buggers

I have already checked the spark screen and adjusted the carb. I have already looked in the search for this too. Sorry for :deadhorse: but i am confused with this little sucker! I am going to the dealer for some parts and we will see if she will run then. Thanks for the ideas and the info.

Latest posts

Back