MS200T not running like it should

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgbarnett

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ok so this is my first post ever fwiw. However, I’ve read a ton of posts and have learned a lot from you guys. And for that I’m thankful.

Now on to the meat and potatoes.

So I have this 200t that will not idle whatsoever. It also has extremely slow throttle response.

I’ve replaced the fuel line, fuel filter, carburetor, intake manifold, impulse line, gas cap, and spark plug. All Chinese parts from hlsproparts.com

I’m currently at a standstill. Debating on junking this saw or getting someone from here to work on it for me. ALL OPINIONS ARE WELCOME.

Aftermarket fuel lines/pulse lines/filters are one thing i will not mess with on any saw. That is a great saw, well worth spending a few $ more on oem. Also, the carbs on these are notorious for that issue, they have an accelerator pump that wears out and the saw runs like ****. The am carbs for these are pretty good i guess. Way cheaper than an oem carb that will develop the same issue.

The piston and cylinder look extremely good, surprisingly. So at least I have that going for me. Yea I was debating on going OEM for the lines and carburetor but I talked myself out of it when I compared the prices lol.

Back